Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,907 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ever seen a room full of developers get this excited before?

Tip us?

CZ Eddie
Old
(Last edited by CZ Eddie; 19th April 2014 at 04:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 954

DONATE TO ME
Default Ever seen a room full of developers get this excited before?

EDIT: Let's let the dev's have their fun without a bunch of newbs poking in on them. Sorry, devs.
Probably don't want this info to get out to the entire Internets anyways.
TMO Galaxy Note 3 on ATT unlimited data plan

• bri315317's Dynamic Kat 4.4.2 ROM
  • imoseyon's LeanKernel

• Samsung Galaxy S5
  • Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket
  • Samsung Infuse
  • HTC Inspire

**** Check out my how-to DIY kickstand case!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52585717
**** Visit my XDA thread to help get APT-X High Definition Bluetooth Audio working in AOSP ROM's!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531440

PunchLick
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie View Post
Hmmm..........

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51983540

No, you don't have root/unlock for ATT S5.
But...... hmmmm...

**** DO NOT POST IN THAT THREAD. IT IS A DEVELOPERS-ONLY THREAD. DON'T BE A DORK AND POST IN IT.
Pretty exciting. I am not a dev. so I dont really know how to distinguish between what exactly is going on, but a little progress and excitement is always good for the community. Not to mention the respect and bounty these devs will get once something major actually does happen.

CZ Eddie
Old
(Last edited by CZ Eddie; 19th April 2014 at 04:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 954

DONATE TO ME
EDIT: Let's let the dev's have their fun without a bunch of newbs poking in on them. Sorry, devs.
Probably don't want this info to get out to the entire Internets anyways.
TMO Galaxy Note 3 on ATT unlimited data plan

• bri315317's Dynamic Kat 4.4.2 ROM
  • imoseyon's LeanKernel

• Samsung Galaxy S5
  • Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket
  • Samsung Infuse
  • HTC Inspire

**** Check out my how-to DIY kickstand case!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52585717
**** Visit my XDA thread to help get APT-X High Definition Bluetooth Audio working in AOSP ROM's!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531440

cciechad
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie View Post
Basically, evilpotatoman located a much-wanted Qualcomm tool that could possibly lead to finally unlocking the bootloader of S4, S5 and Note 3 (and others). *Possibly being the key word.
At the moment it's still not possible, but the tool apparently gives them a huge leap forward in development towards this goal.
They've been looking for something like this for a few years now I believe.
I'm not a dev, don't pretend to be one. The extent of my "development" is writing a few scripts. lol. So remember that I may be misunderstanding some things here.

There are a bunch of files attached to the thread.
But none of us should bother downloading them because you have to be an ultra-dev to know how to use them.
My understanding i that this is the SDK for the SoC on the S5 and other phones. It includes a qualcomm dev signing cert but I'm almost 100% certain that no production phone from AT&T will accept BL's signed by the qc dev cert (or someone would have used it to sign one of the unlocked BL's by now plus if that were the case my guess is qc would be freaking out and sending takedown notices by now). So basically if Samsung or AT&T were to provide the signing key or somehow we were to brute force it(very unlikely) we would now be able to easily sign packages for the phone. So while helpful, without the signing keys it doesn't really do anything except provide more insight into how the whole secure boot process works.

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 813
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...692167&page=11
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.

joyrida12
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cciechad View Post
My understanding i that this is the SDK for the SoC on the S5 and other phones. It includes a qualcomm dev signing cert but I'm almost 100% certain that no production phone from AT&T will accept BL's signed by the qc dev cert (or someone would have used it to sign one of the unlocked BL's by now plus if that were the case my guess is qc would be freaking out and sending takedown notices by now). So basically if Samsung or AT&T were to provide the signing key or somehow we were to brute force it(very unlikely) we would now be able to easily sign packages for the phone. So while helpful, without the signing keys it doesn't really do anything except provide more insight into how the whole secure boot process works.
Qc sent the takedown notice...dun dun duuunnn

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk