Post Reply

New Google camera app package not signed correctly? Help!

OP Subiegsr

19th April 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #1  
Subiegsr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
I'm running cm11 nightlies and when I try to install the new Google camera app it keeps telling me that it's not signed correctly and to uninstall a previous version. I did that and it still won't install. Any way around this?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
20th April 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #2  
ianmb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fort Recovery
Thanks Meter: 536
 
1,237 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Have you tried to copy/paste to system/app and set permissions to rw-r-r then reboot?

ANDROID...A New Digital Revolution Of Incredible Developers
20th April 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #3  
Subiegsr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
I have not. Could you direct me to where the play store apks are stored after a download? Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
21st April 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #4  
ianmb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fort Recovery
Thanks Meter: 536
 
1,237 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subiegsr

I have not. Could you direct me to where the play store apks are stored after a download? Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

As long as you have a root accessible file manager...I use Root Explorer. Just click on the Root tab and downloaded apks from the play store are in data/app. Copy/paste there and set permissions to rw-r-r. Reboot. If it doesn't work then try making it a system app by copy/paste to Root/system/app set permissions to rw-r-r reboot. Hopefully that helps you.

ANDROID...A New Digital Revolution Of Incredible Developers
22nd April 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #5  
Subiegsr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmb

As long as you have a root accessible file manager...I use Root Explorer. Just click on the Root tab and downloaded apks from the play store are in data/app. Copy/paste there and set permissions to rw-r-r. Reboot. If it doesn't work then try making it a system app by copy/paste to Root/system/app set permissions to rw-r-r reboot. Hopefully that helps you.

ANDROID...A New Digital Revolution Of Incredible Developers

I'm not seeing the camera apk within the data/apps?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
22nd April 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #6  
ianmb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fort Recovery
Thanks Meter: 536
 
1,237 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subiegsr

I'm not seeing the camera apk within the data/apps?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Did you look in system/app?

ANDROID...A New Digital Revolution Of Incredible Developers
23rd April 2014, 06:28 AM   |  #7  
Subiegsr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmb

Did you look in system/app?

ANDROID...A New Digital Revolution Of Incredible Developers

I looked there and there was the Googlecamera2apk, but still no difference when I paste it to the data/app folder.

Also, tried uninstalling the app with a root Uninstaller and restarting. Now all it says when I try to install the app is that the app already exists.

I'm just going to download the apk from a website. Thanks for the help though!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Subiegsr; 23rd April 2014 at 07:48 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes