Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,640 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Support/repair lost my phone?!

Tip us?

johndoehizzle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default HTC Support/repair lost my phone?!

How's it going guys,so recently i had problems with my Htc One, one afternoon it started to overheat for no reason and finally died and wouldnt turn on or even charge or do anything. i called HTC,the girl on the phone said it seems its covered under warranty since it hasnt been a full year.i paid and sent in my phone to them, they received it,later told me my phone didnt fall under warranty for some reason,so i asked to send it back.

Today, i "received my phone" ,noticed a scratch on the screen (which mine didnt have)

tried connecting it and powering it and and it wouldnt do anything,it would do the HTC sounds when it powers on,so i was confused....

I turned it over and noticed it had the red "BEATS" logo,which mine didnt have,and it had the AT&T stamp on it!

wtf,they sent me the wrong phone,so now , they basicly lost my phone and sent me a random one!

I know its not mine just not cause of the AT&T and BEATS print on it,but also it came with a sticker on the back with the phones serial number which doesnt match mine either,and to verify this,i plugged it in to my computer,and when i right click on HTC ONE and click on properties ,it gives me a AT&T software version along with the phones serial number.

I called in and the rep told me i had to call in tomorrow and speak to a tech. has anybody here experienced anything like this with HTC? what should i do now? call them and ask them to send me my phone? what if they don't have it and have lost it? should they send me a refurbished one? they should also pay for the "wrong" phone i received to get shipped back?

i'm way confused ,sucks! hopefully they sort things out at HTC repair center and send me a replacement/refurbished Sprint HTC One,this is just absurd.

any advice would be helpful!

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7579

DONATE TO ME
Greetings,
Please post all questions in Q&A.
Thread moved.

Thank You,
BD619

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator