No registration required

My goodbye.

OP Ghstudent

20th April 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 476

1,783 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.tella

Lol, thats understandable. They do it in ideal conditions, ie excellent signal, 50% Brightness, no draining apps etc. Also AMOLED kills battery on web due to all white background as all sub pixels are needed for white. AMOLED uses more battery than LCD in such conditions by +100% or more. Not to mention at full brighness, and the screen burn to top it off after a few months which I have seen.

they also turn yellow, lcd doesnt do that. Just look at an old samoled screen.

this phone is yet to be oudated mwahhahah.
20th April 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 378

814 posts
Donate to Me
More
Alright, here is an update on the battery, went out and got hammered with some friends last night and didn't have the opportunity to charge. I was actually quite impressed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
20th April 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 252

600 posts
Ouch! 3 hours screen-on == 75% battery used? That should only be 50% battery used at most on a modern phone.

Typos courtesy of my LG G2 (D803) running Mahdi-ROM.
20th April 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #24  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 208

1,330 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghstudent

Alright, here is an update on the battery, went out and got hammered with some friends last night and didn't have the opportunity to charge. I was actually quite impressed!

Im sure you can get more out of it because my old Galaxy S Vibrant used to get 3+ Hrs web screen time and that AMOLED was less efficient than the one in the S5, so try using 50% brightness or below, and disable the Sammy Bloat.
Last edited by abhinav.tella; 20th April 2014 at 08:54 PM.
20th April 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member

814 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Im sure you can get more out of it because my old Galaxy S Vibrant used to get 3-3.5 Hrs web screen time and that AMOLED was less efficient than the one in the S5, so try using 50% brightness or below, and disable the Sammy Bloat.

Most Samsung bloat is already disabled.

20th April 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #26  
Flag Minneapolis

1,330 posts
More
Quote:

Most Samsung bloat is already disabled.

I see you are on LTE, thats one cause. I use a Sprint Airave because signal in my area is bad, it gives me full bars on all my phones but cant give LTE output. I use only 3G in general as its fast enough and saves my battery when I am outside and WiFi at home. Data is a killer, hope you are using WiFi whenever possible.
20th April 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member

814 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I see you are on LTE, thats one cause. I use a Sprint Airave because signal in my area is bad, it gives me full bars on all my phones but cant give LTE output. I use only 3G in general as its fast enough and saves my battery when I am outside and WiFi at home. Data is a killer, hope you are using WiFi whenever possible.

I'm not on LTE, I'm in a HSPA+ area. But I do use WiFi whenever possible. Samsung actually has a nice little feature that makes WiFi a little more enticing called smart network switch.

21st April 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #28  
Flag Minneapolis

1,330 posts
More
Quote:

I'm not on LTE, I'm in a HSPA+ area. But I do use WiFi whenever possible. Samsung actually has a nice little feature that makes WiFi a little more enticing called smart network switch.

Try disabling the auto connect thing because if its anything like Sprint/AT&T Connections Optimizer it will actually drain battery.
LG Intelligent agent on all LG phones is supposed to do the same same thing.
Last edited by abhinav.tella; 21st April 2014 at 04:22 AM.
23rd April 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 13

42 posts
S5 battery seriously not that good as reviewed by gsmarena.
I had g2 d802 and usually gets 7.5- 8 hours SOT while on wifi all day, while my s5 only managed 6h23m also on wifi. Out of the box it was worse tho, only 4-5 hrs SOT. I got the exynos one here in Indonesia, but from what i read on s5 forum, people having the s801 also complaining about battery life. Only a small number of them passes the 7 hr mark.

Maybe it depends on how we use the devices. GSMArena includes video playback test, which in my case does not concern me. I never watch movies on my phone. From what i heard, AMOLED screens excel in video, while G2's screen memory excels in web browsing, instant messaging, etc, which mostly i use my phone for.

I dont really feel s5 is THAT snappier. I never play games on my phones, mind you. For my use s800 is more than enough

I dont really notice the camera department, as i use two phones and my other one is L1020. Never bothered to really test the cameras on G2 or s5.

1 week after purchase, my s5 bottom flap broken from no fault of mine. I opened the flap normally to charge and i got broken into half. Never happened before on my previous waterproof phones XZ and Z1. Imagine if it did not broke in an instant, maybe half cracked, and i plunged into water in that condition.... Luckily samsung covered that on their warranty, and ordered a replacement flap.

All in all, i'm 70% sure im trading my S5 with my friends' G2+cash in a couple of days,
Last edited by Allesa; 23rd April 2014 at 08:26 AM. Reason: addition

The Following User Says Thank You to Allesa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread