FORUMS

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

How to determine what LTE spectrum you're on?

Thanks Meter: 2
 
By gbruyn, Member on 21st April 2014, 11:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is there any app available to see what LTE spectrum you're on? The new AWS spectrum is ridiculously fast and it would be cool to know if you're on it or not without running a speed test. Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900V using xda app-developers app
 
 
22nd April 2014, 02:18 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Not sure, but damn.. I don't care, with performance like this lol. Best I've gotten on a phone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398129408255.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	2700920  
22nd April 2014, 06:59 AM |#3  
jpmcnown's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Topeka, Kansas
Thanks Meter: 175
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel36

Not sure, but damn.. I don't care, with performance like this lol. Best I've gotten on a phone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using xda app-developers app

Wow, I'd say. Very impressive. Out of curiosity,was this tested in/near an airport? I ask only because I've found LTE speeds to be generally improved there.
22nd April 2014, 07:18 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcnown

Wow, I'd say. Very impressive. Out of curiosity,was this tested in/near an airport? I ask only because I've found LTE speeds to be generally improved there.

This was done inside my work building and nowhere near an airport. My S4 only achieved 20-25mb/sec in the same area, so this came as a very nice surprise.

Sent from my SM-G900V using xda app-developers app
22nd April 2014, 10:28 PM |#5  
ups2525's Avatar
Senior Member
San Antonio Texas
Thanks Meter: 114
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
As soon as I can get to my device I'll check for the Hidden Menu apk. There might not be one on the S5...
23rd April 2014, 09:25 AM |#6  
waleed300's Avatar
Member
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbruyn

Is there any app available to see what LTE spectrum you're on? The new AWS spectrum is ridiculously fast and it would be cool to know if you're on it or not without running a speed test. Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900V using xda app-developers app

On the Note 3 there there was an option to get into the phones ServiceMode Menu through dial codes from within the phone dialer. I haven't had any luck finding anything on the S5 yet. I'm not sure Verizon has turned on the Band 4 LTE modem on the Galaxy S5, I know that on the Note 3, Band 4 LTE was turned OFF by default, if you had root, you could go in ServiceMode settings and turn it ON.

Hope this helps.

Samsung ServiceMode Dial Codes: (at least on the S4 and Note 3)

*#0011# General Debug screen
*#2263# Allows you to force any frequency on your phone
*#27663368378# Main screen
Last edited by waleed300; 23rd April 2014 at 09:29 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank