Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 48,970 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to determine what LTE spectrum you're on?

Tip us?

gbruyn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default How to determine what LTE spectrum you're on?

Is there any app available to see what LTE spectrum you're on? The new AWS spectrum is ridiculously fast and it would be cool to know if you're on it or not without running a speed test. Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900V using xda app-developers app

raziel36
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Not sure, but damn.. I don't care, with performance like this lol. Best I've gotten on a phone.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398129408255.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	2700920  

jpmcnown
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel36 View Post
Not sure, but damn.. I don't care, with performance like this lol. Best I've gotten on a phone.

Wow, I'd say. Very impressive. Out of curiosity,was this tested in/near an airport? I ask only because I've found LTE speeds to be generally improved there.
Samsung Galaxy S5, 16+64, Locked down like an iPhone HTC One M8 32+64 /S-off/ Unlocked/ Rooted/ Rom'd, Samsung Galaxy S5, 16+64 Again (Thanks Geohot)

raziel36
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcnown View Post
Wow, I'd say. Very impressive. Out of curiosity,was this tested in/near an airport? I ask only because I've found LTE speeds to be generally improved there.
This was done inside my work building and nowhere near an airport. My S4 only achieved 20-25mb/sec in the same area, so this came as a very nice surprise.

ups2525
Old
Thanks Meter 111

DONATE TO ME
As soon as I can get to my device I'll check for the Hidden Menu apk. There might not be one on the S5...
Be courteous click thanks when someone or some info they have shared helps you out.
IMO the forum is a journal or log of the struggles and triumpths experienced in this hobby I love so much.
I appreciate my membership and will do all I can to be a positive contributor.

Samsung king of smartphones & Cane Corso canine royalty

waleed300
Old
(Last edited by waleed300; 23rd April 2014 at 09:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbruyn View Post
Is there any app available to see what LTE spectrum you're on? The new AWS spectrum is ridiculously fast and it would be cool to know if you're on it or not without running a speed test. Any info would be appreciated.

On the Note 3 there there was an option to get into the phones ServiceMode Menu through dial codes from within the phone dialer. I haven't had any luck finding anything on the S5 yet. I'm not sure Verizon has turned on the Band 4 LTE modem on the Galaxy S5, I know that on the Note 3, Band 4 LTE was turned OFF by default, if you had root, you could go in ServiceMode settings and turn it ON.

Hope this helps.

Samsung ServiceMode Dial Codes: (at least on the S4 and Note 3)

*#0011# General Debug screen
*#2263# Allows you to force any frequency on your phone
*#27663368378# Main screen
There needs to be a Cell Phone Addicts Anonymous group, I get the itch to buy every new phone that comes out, and I do (minus the fruit phone)