Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,950 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What's your ROM of choice?

Tip us?

E-Chan42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Arrow [Q] What's your ROM of choice?

I just got my Note 3 and I'm wondering what ROMs I should give a spin.

I tend to like MIUI roms as I had on my note 1, but also paranoid android is really fast and unbloated, I was also wondering what ROMs conserve multiwindow and s-pen features, maybe only samsung based ROMs have those. So yeah, what ROMs do you guys deem worthy?

CEPi
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Try them and see for your self.

I'm on Alliance 4.3, great battery, super smooth, I'm not going to update KitKat anytime soon.

Some are on 4.4 KitKat, they can maybe say a few words.

E-Chan42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Why is ROM development so stumped? I thought I'd have TONS of ROMs to choose from like on my Note 1

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2804
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Chan42 View Post
Why is ROM development so stumped? I thought I'd have TONS of ROMs to choose from like on my Note 1
Most important is that the roms and kernels that are out there are all very good You have sammy based roms, AOKP/AOSP and CM11, what more do you want? Plus you have Xposed framework to modify what you want.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

Journyman16
Old
Thanks Meter 203

DONATE TO ME
I'm with CEPi - I run Alliance, Lean kernel and Philz Touch recovery. As stated it is a 4.3 based ROM so you'd need to see what your phone is as stock. If you're on 4.3, keep in mind if you go KK (4.4) you will be unable to come back. Also if your 4.3 is vMJ7 or above, you WILL blow the Knox counter by rooting, Custom ROM'ing or custom recovery.

If you're on KK already then you are restricted to the KK ROM's - like CEPi I can't comment on them as I see no reason to install a new ROM when Alliance is fast, stable & great battery.
Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

ceftriaxone
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Used X-note, now testing FlexKat.
Galaxy note 3 (Snapdragon)
Galaxy note 2 - given to my brother
Galaxy note - sold
Galaxy s2 - given to my sister
HTC Desire (amoled) - sold

Asus transformer TF300TG - family tablet

a.cid
Old
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2585
The entire Dev section consists of roms of someone's choice. Ofcourse, some people prefer a certain rom, some don't. At the end, it is entirely up to you to decide what you like, and this can only be achieved by trying them yourself.

If you need a starting point, most rom's can be classified into two categories, aosp-based and touchwiz-based. You can try one or two on either side to see which category your preference falls in, and then try out some other options in that category.

On that note, thread closed as we do not allow such type of threads here, since they often snowball into heated arguments over personal preference.

Thread Closed.

A.cid
Forum Moderator

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to a.cid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe

XDA PORTAL POSTS

TWRP Now Available for the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live

Over the past week or so, we’ve talkedquite a bit about the first … more

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more