Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moving files to ext SD apparently failed

Tip us?

a_lleras
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] Moving files to ext SD apparently failed

Hi. A friend of mine was moving pictures from the internal sd of her phone to a external sd using Samsung's My Files app. But now they've seem to be gone, all that's left on the internal sd is some files she didn't move. However, on the external SD the folders (DCIM, Pictures, etc) are present but empty.

I can't seem to find the reason for those files to disappear. I saw in a post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help/tried-to-photo..) that they could be in lost.dir folder. I have to check that out since I don't have the phone nearby, but I would like to get some suggestions for my problem.

I don't know if the files could be in the internal SD but hidden. The same way in the external SD. Or the worst case scenario, lost at all.
Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 CM 11 Pound Rom (Ported)

Nothing to do here.
JackoMJ Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_lleras View Post
Hi. A friend of mine was moving pictures from the internal sd of her phone to a external sd using Samsung's My Files app. But now they've seem to be gone, all that's left on the internal sd is some files she didn't move. However, on the external SD the folders (DCIM, Pictures, etc) are present but empty.

I can't seem to find the reason for those files to disappear. I saw in a post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help/tried-to-photo..) that they could be in lost.dir folder. I have to check that out since I don't have the phone nearby, but I would like to get some suggestions for my problem.

I don't know if the files could be in the internal SD but hidden. The same way in the external SD. Or the worst case scenario, lost at all.
1. use a root file explorer like ES File Manager (free) and show all hidden files/folders
2. i think your friend didnīt copy the pictures, but delete them (worst case), so they arenīt there anymore.

Good luck

MJ