[Q] Moving files to ext SD apparently failed

OP a_lleras

23rd April 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Carabobo
Thanks Meter: 12

53 posts
More
Hi. A friend of mine was moving pictures from the internal sd of her phone to a external sd using Samsung's My Files app. But now they've seem to be gone, all that's left on the internal sd is some files she didn't move. However, on the external SD the folders (DCIM, Pictures, etc) are present but empty.

I can't seem to find the reason for those files to disappear. I saw in a post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help/tried-to-photo..) that they could be in lost.dir folder. I have to check that out since I don't have the phone nearby, but I would like to get some suggestions for my problem.

I don't know if the files could be in the internal SD but hidden. The same way in the external SD. Or the worst case scenario, lost at all.
JackoMJ
23rd April 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_lleras

Hi. A friend of mine was moving pictures from the internal sd of her phone to a external sd using Samsung's My Files app. But now they've seem to be gone, all that's left on the internal sd is some files she didn't move. However, on the external SD the folders (DCIM, Pictures, etc) are present but empty.

I can't seem to find the reason for those files to disappear. I saw in a post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help/tried-to-photo..) that they could be in lost.dir folder. I have to check that out since I don't have the phone nearby, but I would like to get some suggestions for my problem.

I don't know if the files could be in the internal SD but hidden. The same way in the external SD. Or the worst case scenario, lost at all.

1. use a root file explorer like ES File Manager (free) and show all hidden files/folders
2. i think your friend didnīt copy the pictures, but delete them (worst case), so they arenīt there anymore.

Good luck

MJ
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread