Free app for chromecast: cast ALL your PC movie to HDTV through Google ChromeCast

Search This thread

mks1001

Oct 9, 2010
It's working perfectly fine here, on Win 8.1 64-bit!

Proof:
bildr. no/ view /b1lOY2Rk

Remove the spaces

DJames1

Oct 10, 2013
They're not saying that the app doesn't work, they're saying that the download link on the Wondershare web site is broken, which has been the case for several days.

I have a copy, and I installed it and tested it when it was first released. It does work, but not very well as yet - too many bugs and shortcomings, and the video on the Chromecast was a little jerky. I uninstalled it. There's no point in re-posting that original build 1694 because we're waiting for a promised update from WonderShare. However there's been no update in 3 weeks, and the download link has been broken for nearly a week without anyone at WonderShare apparently noticing, so I'm not very hopeful.

roppolo

Mar 23, 2012
You can try download from here http: //goo.gl / YtNYmL (Dropbox)

The app has many bugs, is a earlier alpha, you cant organize content into folders, in option menu has only a check for update.

This download link works and the program seems to be working fine.

The only problem I'm having is that video which I record with Media Center is saved as a WTV file and this program doesn't recognize that file type.

Anyone have an easy workaround besides file conversion?

Thanks!

Rooksx

Apr 3, 2011
Now that the download links are working and I've been able to try this program, I'm quite happy. Scans the hard drive for video/audio and displays them all as thumbnails. The casting works very well, no playback issues at all. Performance is certainly much better than tab-casting. If there was transcoding functionality so we could play AC3 encoded audio without converting first, that would be perfect.

Reactions: mini_wan

prunn

Jul 29, 2013
prunn.wordpress.com
it says play on Chromecast but on my CC screen it says beta and never ends loading... they might make it work someday
oh and then it's asking me to buy...

Last edited:

dreaming1

Jul 10, 2012
hello guys I have also installed the dreamstream no I can not detect the chromecast on chrome I have no problems detected and the device and running give me a help thanks

my operating system windows 8.1 update 1 64-bit

DJames1

Oct 10, 2013
The version 1.1 release is more stable and performs better than the beta-test versions, and the option to import one file at a time to the library as an alternative to pre-scanning all drives on the system is welcome. The transcoding still doesn't perform as well as Plex though, and Plex can also cast all your file types for free from a PC. The main advantage of Dreamstream is that it's simpler to use than Plex.

They still haven't fixed the bug that causes it to crash on startup if there's a Roku device on the network, and it still launches the WSHelper app in the background that stays active permanently, supposedly to check automatically for updates from Wondershare even if updates are disabled. You might want to delete WSHelper from where it's installed in the Common Files folder (usually C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wondershare and C:\Users\youraccount\AppData\Local\Wondershare).

Also note that if you had the old Wondershare Media Center beta test version installed, neither removing it nor updating to Dreamstream removes the old index files under My Documents\Wondershare Media Center.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We have provided a free software Wondershare DreamStream that can support chromecast your PC Video to HDTV
    Rich video format support:MP4、AVI、MP4、MOV、WMV、MP3、M4A and much more

Download link: http://www.wondershare.com/dreamstream/

The official release version is on its way!
    Hi everyone, this is mini wan from the Product Development Team at Wondershare. We would like to thank everybody
    for their enthusiasm, support and valued insights into this beta. We are excited to announce the official release is
    on its way, with future support for a wide range of devices. We’re also pleased to announce the inclusion of
    optional Auto-Indexing based on your input and comments. Stay tuned for the latest version!
    New version of this program just added Chromecast support. Looks promising, but very buggy (see below).

Information link: http://support.wondershare.com/media-center/
    Download link on this page: http://support.wondershare.com/media-center/history.html

Wondershare is a Chinese company that has published a lot of low-cost video apps over the last several years. I've tried some of their video converters and DVD authoring programs. They are frequently given away on Giveawayoftheday.com. They have a full-featured video converter program, so it would be logical for them to have a Chromecast extension that could transcode. I'm also curious o see how this interacts with Chrome, since every other app I know that can cast to the Chromecast from a PC has to run within Chrome. I'll try it...

No good on Win7 64-bit, crashes a few seconds after starting:

MediaCenter has stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: MediaCenter.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.6
    Application Timestamp: 5319ad9a
    Fault Module Name: DeviceDiscovery.dll
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.2
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5318a4f7
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00001bd4
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Win7 32-bit on another computer: same crash

Also has an error on startup on WinXP and can't find the Chromecast (yes, I can cast from Chrome running on WinXP, I know it's not officially supported).
    Error is: "The procedure entry point inet_pton could not be located in WS_32.dll"

That's 3 for 3. Obviously not ready for prime time. Better give it a few days for Wondershare to fix initial bugs before you waste time trying it.

Update: problem identified as an incompatibility with Roku media players on the same network.

Also note that it has a couple of types of bad behavior:

1. Installs Wondershare Helper to auto-run on Windows startup (common to their other apps, can be removed from startup without hurting anything)
    2. Starts auto-indexing ALL drives and media files on your system without prompting to ask which folders you want to index. In fact it has no settings at all to control auto-indexing.
    +1

Download link on Wondershare website is broken.
    Can anyone share it? :)

Download link has been activated
    http://labs.wondershare.com/project/wondershare-media-center.html
    I am jealous, It crashes on start up for me on Win 8 x64. only get to see it for a sec:mad:

Hi dear, i'm sorry for you, media center don't support Win 8, but we have support plan, we will be compatible with win8 as soon as possible.
    :good:
    Now that the download links are working and I've been able to try this program, I'm quite happy. Scans the hard drive for video/audio and displays them all as thumbnails. The casting works very well, no playback issues at all. Performance is certainly much better than tab-casting. If there was transcoding functionality so we could play AC3 encoded audio without converting first, that would be perfect.