Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Snapdragon-8228,8225Q,8212 development future??

Tip us?
 
digyvijaykumar123
Old
(Last edited by digyvijaykumar123; 23rd April 2014 at 10:38 AM.)
#1  
digyvijaykumar123's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1768
Posts: 268
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Koderma

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Snapdragon-8228,8225Q,8212 development future??

OPENSOURCE ISSUE

I purchased 3 devices and i have to choose one for me and rest for my brothers,But i am confused which one i should use.

Xolo Q1100 with Snapdragon 8228 CPU & Adreno 305 GPU

Xolo Q500 with Snapdragon 8225Q CPU & Adreno 203 GPU

LAVA IRIS 406Q with Snapdragon 8212 CPU & Adreno 302 GPU



I defiantly want to develop custom Roms and kernels but i cannot find any source codes of these.No sources provided by manufacturer and
nothing found on internet.My previous device was mediatek based.I am new to snapdragon.

Specification variations has no matter with device selection.I just want development and opensource.

SO any of the above processors have development future?

If any more info required then plz notify me....


I am mentioning here some good devs so they can give me advice.Sorry if you don't like my way.I apologizes.
@wanam @HazAnwar @albinoman887 @alucard_24 @blackdub370 @broodplank1337

MTK STUFF:-KITKAT ROMS:::::::::::::JELLY BEANS:::::::::::::GUIDES:::::::::::::TOOLS&UTILITY:::::::::::::MY X CONCEPT
Devices:-
Current :- Xiaomi Mi3
Previous :- MMx C2+
 
WildfireDEV
Old
#2  
WildfireDEV's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1210
Posts: 740
Join Date: May 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by digyvijaykumar123 View Post
OPENSOURCE ISSUE

I purchased 3 devices and i have to choose one for me and rest for my brothers,But i am confused which one i should use.

Xolo Q1100 with Snapdragon 8228 CPU & Adreno 305 GPU

Xolo Q500 with Snapdragon 8225Q CPU & Adreno 203 GPU

LAVA IRIS 406Q with Snapdragon 8212 CPU & Adreno 302 GPU



I defiantly want to develop custom Roms and kernels but i cannot find any source codes of these.No sources provided by manufacturer and
nothing found on internet.My previous device was mediatek based.I am new to snapdragon.

Specification variations has no matter with device selection.I just want development and opensource.

SO any of the above processors have development future?

If any more info required then plz notify me....
Thing is although this phone is Qualcomm based and not Mediatek it is unlikely that the manufacturers will ever release the source code because they are Chinese companies but there is a chance. Search around being a Qualcomm device you might be able to find another device with the same chipset and with existing kernel source and use it.

Sent from my HTC One (M8)
If you like my work, hit the Thanks button. It makes me HAPPY.
Donations will be much appreciated as I am a Student.


My Work
 


HTC Vivid 4G
HTC One Mini
HTC One S (Ville)
HTC One 2014 (M8)
The Following User Says Thank You to WildfireDEV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
peter_dizai
Old
#3  
peter_dizai's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 52
Join Date: May 2011
Location: A.m.o.n.g D_E_V_E_L_O_P_E_R_S
Sign Which one?

Well.it would be the best for you to pick up the first one in your list.

because of several reasons which the first one is I.do have it myself, and I'm so pleased of that and secondly it's specifically designed to enable devices to switch seamlessly from app to app, enjoy breathtaking download speeds and play the hottest games and even enables best-in-class mobile experiences with all-day battery life.
No Donations Needed


Simply Hit The Thanks Button To Make Me Glad...


Sonork: 100.1619788


The Following User Says Thank You to peter_dizai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
digyvijaykumar123
Old
#4  
digyvijaykumar123's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1768
Posts: 268
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Koderma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildfireDEV View Post
Thing is although this phone is Qualcomm based and not Mediatek it is unlikely that the manufacturers will ever release the source code because they are Chinese companies but there is a chance. Search around being a Qualcomm device you might be able to find another device with the same chipset and with existing kernel source and use it.

Sent from my HTC One (M8)
Thanks for your advice sir.I will look forward to it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_dizai View Post
Well.it would be the best for you to pick up the first one in your list.

because of several reasons which the first one is I.do have it myself, and I'm so pleased of that and secondly it's specifically designed to enable devices to switch seamlessly from app to app, enjoy breathtaking download speeds and play the hottest games and even enables best-in-class mobile experiences with all-day battery life.

Thanks for reply,and first one definitely seems good on specification table.But i need to choose device which has development future and for
that it must be opensource.So do you have any idea about sources for snapdragon 8228??And which device you own?

MTK STUFF:-KITKAT ROMS:::::::::::::JELLY BEANS:::::::::::::GUIDES:::::::::::::TOOLS&UTILITY:::::::::::::MY X CONCEPT
Devices:-
Current :- Xiaomi Mi3
Previous :- MMx C2+
 
peter_dizai
Old
#5  
peter_dizai's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 52
Join Date: May 2011
Location: A.m.o.n.g D_E_V_E_L_O_P_E_R_S
Well,as I said, I do have the first listed device and hopefully I have gathered some sources which were in chinise,
I had tried to translate some but most unfortunately I am not with my own PC right now but If I get there and if you wanted to,I can share them with you.
No Donations Needed


Simply Hit The Thanks Button To Make Me Glad...


Sonork: 100.1619788


The Following User Says Thank You to peter_dizai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes