Must Have App Review: Spider Squisher Pro Extreme

Here on XDA TV we have a series we like to call Must Have Apps. These are apps that we … more

OnePlus DR-1 Quadcopter Drone Available for Purchase

OnePlus has been teasing a new product for a while now, hailing it as a … more

KDZ of Android 5.0.1 Captured for T-Mobile LG G3

T-Mobile US is yet to release the 20B Lollipop build for the LG G3. Luckily enough, you … more

Build Custom Stock Kernel with Linaro GCC 4.9.1

With this guide for Sony devices, you will learn how to build a kernel using the Linaro … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] turning on new phone and it shows unlocked and custom

22nd April 2014, 10:15 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
billings, MT
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
When I turn on my s5 att varient it shows a padlock unlocked and says custom, all I have done was install SD card and change runtime system from dalvik to art. Anyone have any ideas? Can the phone really be unlocked?
22nd April 2014, 10:29 PM |#2  
simacca's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kent, uk
Thanks Meter: 158
 
1,060 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
More
Switching to art makes it custom. Going back to davlik makes it normal again.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to simacca For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 01:02 AM |#3  
spinwizard's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 45
 
176 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnandez

When I turn on my s5 att varient it shows a padlock unlocked and says custom, all I have done was install SD card and change runtime system from dalvik to art. Anyone have any ideas? Can the phone really be unlocked?

And how did you change runtime system from delvik to art?
23rd April 2014, 01:30 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
billings, MT
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinwizard

And how did you change runtime system from delvik to art?

It's under developer options
The Following User Says Thank You to gnandez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 01:49 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
billings, MT
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simacca

Switching to art makes it custom. Going back to davlik makes it normal again.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I switched back yesterday and it stayed the same. So I just switched it back but rebooted twice this time and now it's gone. I wish it was just that easy to unlock the phone. Thanks for the info. Also why do you think the lock is unlocked?
Last edited by gnandez; 23rd April 2014 at 01:54 AM.
23rd April 2014, 12:01 PM |#6  
simacca's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kent, uk
Thanks Meter: 158
 
1,060 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnandez

I switched back yesterday and it stayed the same. So I just switched it back but rebooted twice this time and now it's gone. I wish it was just that easy to unlock the phone. Thanks for the info. Also why do you think the lock is unlocked?

Haven't got a clue about the padlock as I've got a stock handset.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes