Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

kitkat for nook color

Tip us?

MrGHLover
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default kitkat working on the nook color

I have the nook color running Android 4.4.2 kitkat working just fine. if you want the video and some more help. my channel name is youtube.com/Everything4Tech1

boomtastic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGHLover View Post
I have the nook color running Android 4.4.2 kitkat working just fine.
I was finally able to get my EMMC upgraded and Kit Kat loaded with the new CM mod and agree, this is simply awesome.

drearyworlds
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just got mine updated from CM10 to 11 and man, what a difference! It went from barely usable to very usable. Which is really an added bonus, because I really only use it for reading. I just like upgrading stuff. This is how it went for me. I had CM10 with TWRP installed to EMMC. I put my microSD into my Surface, downloaded the CWM update zip, CM11 nightly zip, and gapps zip for CM11. Put all zips on the root of the SD.

-Loaded up in TWRP recovery mode.
-Chose install. Chose the CWM update zip.
-Rebooted and chose EMMC recovery. It loaded up CWM.
-Chose install again and installed CM11.
-Rebooted and chose EMMC recovery.
-Installed gapps the same way.
-Rebooted.

Bam. So I didn't realize it at the time, but this actually did an upgrade instead of a clean install. All my apps are still there. I might want to wipe and do a fresh install, but I'm not sure how. I didn't think this would preserve everything. But I'm happy with it. It had a few hiccups loading Clash of Clans and Facebook the first time. But after updating the apps to the latest version and clearing data and cache, it seemed to fix things.

Kudos to the CM team!

xflier
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I tried cm11 latest nightly, everything is good except browser, it took forever to finish loading a page like androidcentral, anybody else has this issue and any solutions?
Lumia 920

Nook HD+ CM11.0 Nightly

Nook Color CM11.0 Nightly

My 4 Shared