Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

LG G2 Newbie

OP KiaTheKing

23rd April 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #1  
KiaTheKing's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 143
 
344 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys im planning to buy this phone, can you tell me can i unlock bl on every lg g2 or?
And can you tell me more about rooting unlocking bl etc...Thanks in advice...
23rd April 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 28
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
You can never unlock the bootloader technically but you can bypass its security using Loki though you have to downgrade from kitkat stock in order to do so. As you can see there's a thriving custom ROM community so this doesn't stop anyone, it just makes it more of a hassle initially if you're on KitKat.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Rooting can be done on any ROM but will trigger root detection if you root all the way. Flashing stock will cure that though.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to PloniAlmoni For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 369
 
1,192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaTheKing

Hi guys im planning to buy this phone, can you tell me can i unlock bl on every lg g2 or?
And can you tell me more about rooting unlocking bl etc...Thanks in advice...

Root is available for Kitkat on g2, just root your phone and install autorec app on your phone it will do everything for you.
It will unlock your bootloader, and replace it with old bootloader and also flashed a patched kernel and flash twrp recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to mohitgalaxy3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #4  
KiaTheKing's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 143
 
344 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitgalaxy3

Root is available for Kitkat on g2, just root your phone and install autorec app on your phone it will do everything for you.
It will unlock your bootloader, and replace it with old bootloader and also flashed a patched kernel and flash twrp recovery.

Wow guys that was so fast :P Thanks for reply, but can i "unlock" bl with loki when im on kk? And if i install autorec it will "unlock" itself or ?
23rd April 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #5  
bender_007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,651
 
2,345 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Your international variant - d802 will work just fine : root + autored (for installing recovery) + if you want to install a custom rom.
23rd April 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 369
 
1,192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaTheKing

Wow guys that was so fast :P Thanks for reply, but can i "unlock" bl with loki when im on kk? And if i install autorec it will "unlock" itself or ?

autorec will do everything.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes