Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! Help!! Help!!! Please!

Tip us?

its_Khal
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Help! Help!! Help!!! Please!

Hello everyone.

I want to help a friend restore his Mytouch 4G. He just brougth it to me that it stucks at Boot. It stucks at the "Mytouch 4g" startup screen. Don't know what he tried before it started.

It wouldn't connect to PC when on Fastboot mode
I can get to Bootloader so I decided to do a factory reset from bootloader. When I select the "FACTORY RESET" option, the device doesn't do anything.

So I decided to use the PD15IMG zip. When it starts updating, it stucks at "BOOTLOADER - Updating" and wouldn't get past it.

The device details are as follows

GLACIER PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT - 0.89.0005
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.11.04.03_M
eMMC-BOOT
Apr 14 2011 13:18:22

mickeyasamoah
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by its_Khal View Post
Hello everyone.

I want to help a friend restore his Mytouch 4G. He just brougth it to me that it stucks at Boot. It stucks at the "Mytouch 4g" startup screen. Don't know what he tried before it started.

It wouldn't connect to PC when on Fastboot mode
I can get to Bootloader so I decided to do a factory reset from bootloader. When I select the "FACTORY RESET" option, the device doesn't do anything.

So I decided to use the PD15IMG zip. When it starts updating, it stucks at "BOOTLOADER - Updating" and wouldn't get past it.

The device details are as follows

GLACIER PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT - 0.89.0005
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.11.04.03_M
eMMC-BOOT
Apr 14 2011 13:18:22
Try flashing a custom recovery via fastboot.
Then flash a new rom via recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to mickeyasamoah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

its_Khal
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Thanks Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyasamoah View Post
Try flashing a custom recovery via fastboot.
Then flash a new rom via recovery.
Thanks for coming to my aid. But the devices would not connect to PC. Either on fastboot.
When I select "FASTBOOT" from the bootloader and put the usb, it doesn't connect. Anyother way to push Custom Recovery in? Thanks

mickeyasamoah
Old
(Last edited by mickeyasamoah; 23rd April 2014 at 02:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by its_Khal View Post
Thanks for coming to my aid. But the devices would not connect to PC. Either on fastboot.
When I select "FASTBOOT" from the bootloader and put the usb, it doesn't connect. Anyother way to push Custom Recovery in? Thanks
There is a way.
Have you already downloaded a file like PD15IMG.zip?
If you havent, try downloading one from the dev section. Its a stock rom(unrooted).
After downloading it, you should format ur sdcard in fat32 and place the file in the root directory of ur sdcard.(you could use an sdcard reader or put it into another phone in order to copy the file to the sdcard.)

Now insert the sdcard into the mytouch 4g and boot into bootloader. It should ask you weather you want to update. Press the volume up for yes.
And sit back. After its done, it would ask you to press power to reboot.
Press power. And i think it should boot from there.

If you have any questions, you could ask me.

EDIT:
OOps my bad, forgotten you already tried that.

Lets try flashing an eng- hboot.
Download this eng hboot.
Once done extract the image file onto your pc. Now open the PD15IMG zip you downloaded before and extract the file with the name "android-info.txt".
Once done compress both the eng-hboot and the "android-info.txt" into one zip file with winrar and rename it to PD15IMG.zip.
Now Send the file to ur sdcard and insert it into your mytouch 4g.(Remember to format the sdcard in fat32).
Reboot into bootloader and press up button once asked if you want to update.
The Following User Says Thank You to mickeyasamoah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]