Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 39,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any idea ???

Tip us?
 
VanshKhanna
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 161
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default Any idea ???

I lost my imei number a lil. Time ago and I don't know what could be the cause of this


I tried two different things that day i.e.
I flashed a wifi direct file for kitkat 4.4 based rom and then I partitioned my sd card and after sometime I lost my imei no.
So any one can tell me what could be the reason
 
doctor_droid
Old
#2  
doctor_droid's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1693
Posts: 3,826
Join Date: Oct 2012
Reason u already told main.thing is recovery ... do u have a efs backup???
Nokia 1100 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia N72 > Nokia n95 > Nokia N86 > Htc Touch > Xperia U > Galaxy S2Plus > Galaxy S2 > Galaxy Grand Duos > NEXUS 5

Feel FREE to pm me in case u need technical support (not developer level ) or want any suggestion.
 
rishabh56
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 128
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanshKhanna View Post
I lost my imei number a lil. Time ago and I don't know what could be the cause of this


I tried two different things that day i.e.
I flashed a wifi direct file for kitkat 4.4 based rom and then I partitioned my sd card and after sometime I lost my imei no.
So any one can tell me what could be the reason
If you have backed up your efs.img you can restore it.otherwise you have to flash stock ROM

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
 
doctor_droid
Old
#4  
doctor_droid's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1693
Posts: 3,826
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabh56

If you have backed up your efs.img you can restore it.otherwise you have to flash stock ROM

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
Flashing stock rom doesnt restores corrupted efs...
Nokia 1100 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia N72 > Nokia n95 > Nokia N86 > Htc Touch > Xperia U > Galaxy S2Plus > Galaxy S2 > Galaxy Grand Duos > NEXUS 5

Feel FREE to pm me in case u need technical support (not developer level ) or want any suggestion.
 
rishabh56
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 128
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_droid View Post
Flashing stock rom doesnt restores corrupted efs...
Well I thought it might help as I read a thread in a s3 forum
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
 
doctor_droid
Old
#6  
doctor_droid's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1693
Posts: 3,826
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabh56

Well I thought it might help as I read a thread in a s3 forum
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
Mate I am not finding any mistakes but look at the reason of corrupting efs ..."flashing official rom via odin"

Solution - flash stock rom via odin .

Is it really possible
Nokia 1100 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia N72 > Nokia n95 > Nokia N86 > Htc Touch > Xperia U > Galaxy S2Plus > Galaxy S2 > Galaxy Grand Duos > NEXUS 5

Feel FREE to pm me in case u need technical support (not developer level ) or want any suggestion.
 
VanshKhanna
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 161
Join Date: Feb 2014
Not asking how to solve this problem coz i have already solved it but i want a reason, why i got this problem

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more