FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Way to find out why phone not deep sleeping?

OP droidkevlar

18th April 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 837

2,762 posts
More
I am running Skyfall with stock kernel. I was getting decent battery life, but today noticed that phone was awake for 2 of the 4 hours that it was off the charger. I have gsam and wake detector and wake detector shows nothing crazy that wakes it. I did disable location reporting, so maybe that might be pissing off some apps? I have not installed any new apps, only change was location reporting.

Thanks in advance.
20th April 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #2  
Flag Omaha
Thanks Meter: 19

110 posts
More
Here is what I use,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kelockdetector

Works great for helping to find those pesky apps.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th April 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 103

354 posts
Was it doing it before you installed gsam? I installed it and my battery went downhill. After I removed it battery got dramatically better.
20th April 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 87

324 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsEVOlve

Was it doing it before you installed gsam? I installed it and my battery went downhill. After I removed it battery got dramatically better.

For clarification, you're saying that gsam was killing your battery? I'm trying to figure out if it's killing mine lol. But I have no other way of seeing my screen on time :/

Sent from my VZW HTC One M8
20th April 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 103

354 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_005

For clarification, you're saying that gsam was killing your battery? I'm trying to figure out if it's killing mine lol. But I have no other way of seeing my screen on time :/

It seemed like it. I installed it while I still had BBS running. While I was running GSAM my awake time was about 2.5 hours out of just under 4 hrs total and the phone was just in my pocket most of the time. After I removed it and rebooted the awake time stayed proportional to the time I was actually using it. Other than turning on WiFi optimization I can't think of anything else I did. So it may have been either one but I didn't have WiFi optimization on before I installed GSAM and my battery life was okay.
20th April 2014, 06:28 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

2,762 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsEVOlve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_005

I have tried with and without gsam. I flashed the lastest firmware and radios and also the snapdragon app that monitors your use and is supposed to save on battery and today I got 3 hours of SOT, off charger for 16 hours and still have 55% left. And wake time back down to normal use. Im about to flash the latest Skyfall so we will see how things go on that build.
23rd April 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

2,762 posts
More
So started getting bad wake locks again. I looked and saw media server using a good portion. I have 0 media on my phone as I just stream. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread