Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Way to find out why phone not deep sleeping?

Tip us?

droidkevlar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 580
Exclamation [Q] Way to find out why phone not deep sleeping?

I am running Skyfall with stock kernel. I was getting decent battery life, but today noticed that phone was awake for 2 of the 4 hours that it was off the charger. I have gsam and wake detector and wake detector shows nothing crazy that wakes it. I did disable location reporting, so maybe that might be pissing off some apps? I have not installed any new apps, only change was location reporting.

Thanks in advance.
Current Device: LG G3 r00ted

InsertCoin M8 SVN Builds - Click Here
Mirror for InsertCoin M8 Builds - Click Here

InsertCoin M8 SVN Update Only files - Click Here

rleonard55
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Here is what I use,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kelockdetector

Works great for helping to find those pesky apps.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dsEVOlve
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Was it doing it before you installed gsam? I installed it and my battery went downhill. After I removed it battery got dramatically better.

sparky_005
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsEVOlve View Post
Was it doing it before you installed gsam? I installed it and my battery went downhill. After I removed it battery got dramatically better.
For clarification, you're saying that gsam was killing your battery? I'm trying to figure out if it's killing mine lol. But I have no other way of seeing my screen on time :/

Sent from my VZW HTC One M8

dsEVOlve
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_005 View Post
For clarification, you're saying that gsam was killing your battery? I'm trying to figure out if it's killing mine lol. But I have no other way of seeing my screen on time :/

It seemed like it. I installed it while I still had BBS running. While I was running GSAM my awake time was about 2.5 hours out of just under 4 hrs total and the phone was just in my pocket most of the time. After I removed it and rebooted the awake time stayed proportional to the time I was actually using it. Other than turning on WiFi optimization I can't think of anything else I did. So it may have been either one but I didn't have WiFi optimization on before I installed GSAM and my battery life was okay.

droidkevlar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsEVOlve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_005 View Post

I have tried with and without gsam. I flashed the lastest firmware and radios and also the snapdragon app that monitors your use and is supposed to save on battery and today I got 3 hours of SOT, off charger for 16 hours and still have 55% left. And wake time back down to normal use. Im about to flash the latest Skyfall so we will see how things go on that build.

droidkevlar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 580
So started getting bad wake locks again. I looked and saw media server using a good portion. I have 0 media on my phone as I just stream. Anyone else seeing this issue?