Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 46,978 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I update my SGH i537 to 4.4 with Telcel carrier?

Tip us?

ViciousCC
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can I update my SGH i537 to 4.4 with Telcel carrier?

Hello All

I'm new with this phone and I want to update it to 4.4, currently is running 4.3 but until now I can find a way to flash the 4.4 rom, maybe my bootloader is locked because odin don't let me flash it, also i'm looking for a debranded version

Regards

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousCC View Post
Hello All

I'm new with this phone and I want to update it to 4.4, currently is running 4.3 but until now I can find a way to flash the 4.4 rom, maybe my bootloader is locked because odin don't let me flash it, also i'm looking for a debranded version

Regards
Your bootloader is locked, I'm guessing you're on UBUBML3 firmware. The only way you can update (or install any other firmware for that matter) is to get official firmware for your pone that has been signed by Samsung. The AT&T 4.4.2 update will not work on your phone unfortunately, so you're going to have to get the update directly from Telcel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ViciousCC
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v View Post
Your bootloader is locked, I'm guessing you're on UBUBML3 firmware. The only way you can update (or install any other firmware for that matter) is to get official firmware for your pone that has been signed by Samsung. The AT&T 4.4.2 update will not work on your phone unfortunately, so you're going to have to get the update directly from Telcel.
Damn.... well thanks for your answer