Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 43,992 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera manual mode problems

Tip us?

willexmen
Old
(Last edited by willexmen; 22nd April 2014 at 06:49 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Camera manual mode problems

Hey,

Having a few problems with the camera while in manual mode. Most times the manual mode either lags or dosent work. I can snap snap a few pictures and then when i try to change the settings in manual it wont work, it looks like it working but the changes dosent apply. Extremly annoying. The only solution is too reset default settings..

Also, if changing shutter speed to 4s when its lots of light it will make that setting stuck and even if i change it to higher it will just lag until i change back to auto mode and then back again.

This bothers me a LOT! anyone having the same problem? Also is it possible to NOT preview the shutterspeed, and just apply it when taking the picture (like most cameras).

edit: Just tryed the manual mode again and the manual settings is not working now either.

lvoky
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by willexmen View Post
Hey,

Having a few problems with the camera while in manual mode. Most times the manual mode either lags or dosent work. I can snap snap a few pictures and then when i try to change the settings in manual it wont work, it looks like it working but the changes dosent apply. Extremly annoying. The only solution is too reset default settings..

Also, if changing shutter speed to 4s when its lots of light it will make that setting stuck and even if i change it to higher it will just lag until i change back to auto mode and then back again.

This bothers me a LOT! anyone having the same problem? Also is it possible to NOT preview the shutterspeed, and just apply it when taking the picture (like most cameras).

edit: Just tryed the manual mode again and the manual settings is not working now either.
I have the very much same problem and can't find a solution, I'm afraid that I'll have to perform a hard reset. I tried to reset the camera settings to default, tried to remove the app data from the settings menu and none of this worked. But the manual setting funcion was working OK for me originally.

willexmen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoky View Post
I have the very much same problem and can't find a solution, I'm afraid that I'll have to perform a hard reset. I tried to reset the camera settings to default, tried to remove the app data from the settings menu and none of this worked. But the manual setting funcion was working OK for me originally.
Yes, very annoying and i can not find why it seems to works sometimes. Please pm me or reply in the thread if a hard reset worked. Just spent 2 hours making my screen as sexy possible with widgets and apps so i rather not do i hard reset.

lvoky
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by willexmen View Post
Yes, very annoying and i can not find why it seems to works sometimes. Please pm me or reply in the thread if a hard reset worked. Just spent 2 hours making my screen as sexy possible with widgets and apps so i rather not do i hard reset.
Thanks to @Frutek from the Pictures taken with M8 thread I now have a working solutions. Set your language back to English and the manual settings will work again. BTW, what is the language you are using the phone in now? Mine was Czech, I guess that Frutek used Polish... So it may have problems with Slavic languages.

ILS_SuperNova
Old
Thanks Meter 52
All i can add to this is setting shutter to 4 means it updates the preview every 4 seconds as you probably know but this setting only works in low light dark night settings. my manual settings do lag to and maybe htc will patch this soon

willexmen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
[QUOTE=lvoky;52114094]Thanks to @Frutek from the Pictures taken with M8 thread I now have a working solutions. Set your language back to English and the manual settings will work again. BTW, what is the language you are using the phone in now

Damn, worked great! thats really odd though. Man, so much simpler now, even the shutterspeed settings works flawlessly. Thanks! Had it in swedish.

willexmen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoky View Post
Thanks to @Frutek from the Pictures taken with M8 thread I now have a working solutions. Set your language back to English and the manual settings will work again. BTW, what is the language you are using the phone in now? Mine was Czech, I guess that Frutek used Polish... So it may have problems with Slavic languages.
Damn, worked great! thats really odd though. Man, so much simpler now, even the shutterspeed settings works flawlessly. Thanks! Had it in swedish.