Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't install Custom Recovery

Tip us?

Metalian44
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't install Custom Recovery

I have a Canadian galaxy note 3 currently with Telus. I had it rooted with a custom rom once before but then Un rooted it and put it back to the stock rom that I got off sammobile.com. The problem is that I rooted it again and every time I try to install a custom recovery nothing will work. I've tried through Odin, goo manager, rom manager... but every time I boot into recovery it loads the stock recovery. The stock recovery also has the tipped over android with the red triangle. Please help! I love custom roms to much to give up on this

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalian44 View Post
I have a Canadian galaxy note 3 currently with Telus. I had it rooted with a custom rom once before but then Un rooted it and put it back to the stock rom that I got off sammobile.com. The problem is that I rooted it again and every time I try to install a custom recovery nothing will work. I've tried through Odin, goo manager, rom manager... but every time I boot into recovery it loads the stock recovery. The stock recovery also has the tipped over android with the red triangle. Please help! I love custom roms to much to give up on this
Check if reactivation lock is on.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

Metalian44
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default off

No it is off

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Quote:
Did you uncheck auto reboot in odin before you flashed? After the flash pull the battery and reinsert it after 5 seconds. Hold volume up + menu + power and you should get in to the custom recovery.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

Metalian44
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default reply

I have tried that but when it starts to boot the recovery it gets stuck in a loop where it vibrates, shows the words recovery booting and then the screen goes black and it repeats over and over.

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
I have tried that but when it starts to boot the recovery it gets stuck in a loop where it vibrates, shows the words recovery booting and then the screen goes black and it repeats over and over.
What os did you have and which custom recovery did you try to install?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Quote:
What recovery are you trying to flash?
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

Metalian44
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Reply

I had anthem ioap rom before but now I am just running the stock samsung firmware. I've tried to install cwm and twrp but it is not working. I don't get stuck in the recovery booting loop anymore though. Instead Odin gets stuck on the recovery.img process.