Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can't install Custom Recovery

OP Metalian44

23rd April 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I have a Canadian galaxy note 3 currently with Telus. I had it rooted with a custom rom once before but then Un rooted it and put it back to the stock rom that I got off sammobile.com. The problem is that I rooted it again and every time I try to install a custom recovery nothing will work. I've tried through Odin, goo manager, rom manager... but every time I boot into recovery it loads the stock recovery. The stock recovery also has the tipped over android with the red triangle. Please help! I love custom roms to much to give up on this
23rd April 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 346

1,131 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalian44

I have a Canadian galaxy note 3 currently with Telus. I had it rooted with a custom rom once before but then Un rooted it and put it back to the stock rom that I got off sammobile.com. The problem is that I rooted it again and every time I try to install a custom recovery nothing will work. I've tried through Odin, goo manager, rom manager... but every time I boot into recovery it loads the stock recovery. The stock recovery also has the tipped over android with the red triangle. Please help! I love custom roms to much to give up on this

Check if reactivation lock is on.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
23rd April 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
off
No it is off
23rd April 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,248

8,819 posts
More
Quote:

Did you uncheck auto reboot in odin before you flashed? After the flash pull the battery and reinsert it after 5 seconds. Hold volume up + menu + power and you should get in to the custom recovery.
23rd April 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I have tried that but when it starts to boot the recovery it gets stuck in a loop where it vibrates, shows the words recovery booting and then the screen goes black and it repeats over and over.
23rd April 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 346

1,131 posts
Quote:

I have tried that but when it starts to boot the recovery it gets stuck in a loop where it vibrates, shows the words recovery booting and then the screen goes black and it repeats over and over.

What os did you have and which custom recovery did you try to install?
23rd April 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,248

8,819 posts
More
Quote:

What recovery are you trying to flash?
23rd April 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I had anthem ioap rom before but now I am just running the stock samsung firmware. I've tried to install cwm and twrp but it is not working. I don't get stuck in the recovery booting loop anymore though. Instead Odin gets stuck on the recovery.img process.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread