Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bell SGH-I747M - There is no PIT Partition

Tip us?
 
the.teejster
Old
#11  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 166
Join Date: Aug 2008
This is NOT GOING TO BE AN EASY FIND ..

I just got a valid PIT file dumped from a working Bell S3 16Gb phone using EFS professional and unfortunately still get the authentication error message.

Here is a screenshot of my phone when trying to flash..

I think the only possible way to move forward with an S3 PIT file is to "find" an official Samsung file that has the correct signature embedded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140422_152627.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	2702419  
Bell Mobility - Google Nexus 5
Asus Transformer TF101 : OMNI 4.4.2
 
patate331
Old
(Last edited by patate331; 22nd April 2014 at 10:51 PM.)
#12  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 59
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
This is NOT GOING TO BE AN EASY FIND ..

I just got a valid PIT file dumped from a working Bell S3 16Gb phone using EFS professional and unfortunately still get the authentication error message.

Here is a screenshot of my phone when trying to flash..

I think the only possible way to move forward with an S3 PIT file is to "find" an official Samsung file that has the correct signature embedded.
Try this to extract PIT file of your device and post it. I will check if there is a problem.

http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobi...k-backups.html
 
the.teejster
Old
#13  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 166
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by patate331 View Post
Try this to extract PIT file of your device and post it. I will check if there is a problem.

http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobi...k-backups.html
An extracted pit file is NOT signed and therefore cannot be flashed.
Bell Mobility - Google Nexus 5
Asus Transformer TF101 : OMNI 4.4.2
 
patate331
Old
#14  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 59
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
An extracted pit file is NOT signed and therefore cannot be flashed.
Okay... I wanted to check the file generated by your phone...
Try this one.
Replace extention by .pit
Attached Files
File Type: txt sgh-i747m-16gb.txt - [Click for QR Code] (3.8 KB, 29 views)
 
drago10029
Old
#15  
drago10029's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 445
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phazon Mines
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
The red light comes on the phone when I connect it to the PC without a battery.
The computers recognizes "QHUSB_DLOAD" but fails with "no driver found".
I've had that same error before on a Galaxy S 2 or t959, I forget which. Windows would constantly fail using odin. What i did to fix it was install ubuntu using Wubi on windows and then I used Heimdall to flash back to stock. Worked a miracle on my phone and everything was fine and dandy!

Hope that helps and let me know if that works!
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!
 
the.teejster
Old
#16  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 166
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by patate331 View Post
Okay... I wanted to check the file generated by your phone...
Try this one.
Replace extention by .pit
If you don't mind me asking.... Where did this one came from.? Is it signed?

Thanks.
Bell Mobility - Google Nexus 5
Asus Transformer TF101 : OMNI 4.4.2
 
patate331
Old
#17  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 59
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
If you don't mind me asking.... Where did this one came from.? Is it signed?

Thanks.
Come from here: http://www.phonandroid.com/forum/pro...8048.html#null

It should be signed. Let me know, I cannot test it.
 
the.teejster
Old
#18  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 166
Join Date: Aug 2008
It failed the authorization check so it looks like it's not signed.
Thanks for trying.


Quote:
Originally Posted by patate331 View Post
Come from here: http://www.phonandroid.com/forum/pro...8048.html#null

It should be signed. Let me know, I cannot test it.
Bell Mobility - Google Nexus 5
Asus Transformer TF101 : OMNI 4.4.2
 
the.teejster
Old
#19  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 166
Join Date: Aug 2008
Well,
I received confirmation from 2 different repair shops that, based on the information I supplied and what my phone is displaying, that the internal memory is dead.... Memory hardware failure and not related to rooting or using custom roms.

Time to give up and move on.

Thanks for trying to help out !
Bell Mobility - Google Nexus 5
Asus Transformer TF101 : OMNI 4.4.2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Timestamps to Xposed Installer Logs with… Xposed!

If talking about the most interesting projects in the last few years, we must … more

Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more

[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more