FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

[Q] Flashing stock 4.4.2 (Mobile ODIN)

1,116 posts
Thanks Meter: 200
 
By nm8, Senior Member on 23rd April 2014, 08:14 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all, I have not touched my S4 (i9505) for a while and still running stock rooted 4.2.2 with (wanam) Adam kernel 1.6

Now I want to flash stock 4.4.2, can I use mobile Odin? Will my phone be REGION LOCKED ? I don't care about Knox. Thanks
Last edited by nm8; 23rd April 2014 at 04:16 PM.
 
 
23rd April 2014, 04:00 PM |#2  
nm8's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Undershire
Thanks Meter: 200
 
Donate to Me
More
anyone ???
23rd April 2014, 05:23 PM |#3  
qtwrk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 820
 
More
If you say untouched, means not rooted? Mobile ODIN needs root access.

And some part will NOT be flashed by mobile ODIN, you have to do with PC
23rd April 2014, 05:29 PM |#4  
nm8's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Undershire
Thanks Meter: 200
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtwrk

If you say untouched, means not rooted? Mobile ODIN needs root access.

And some part will NOT be flashed by mobile ODIN, you have to do with PC

I meant I have not messed with it for a few months. It's rooted and running stock 4.2.2 with adam kernel 1.6
23rd April 2014, 05:31 PM |#5  
qtwrk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 820
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm8

I meant I have not messed with it for a few months. It's rooted and running stock 4.2.2 with adam kernel 1.6

Hmmmm, for stock firmware I don't think so, mobile ODIN will flash, but some of part like bootloader it won't flash. And I am not sure if it's working on 4.2 bootloader.

Personal suggestion is that you flash recovery and then using recovery to flash KNOX-free ROM
23rd April 2014, 05:34 PM |#6  
nm8's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Undershire
Thanks Meter: 200
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtwrk

Hmmmm, for stock firmware I don't think so, mobile ODIN will flash, but some of part like bootloader it won't flash. And I am not sure if it's working on 4.2 bootloader.

Personal suggestion is that you flash recovery and then using recovery to flash KNOX-free ROM


Thanks man, I just also finished reading this:

https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/MPmRtxjxGgf
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes