Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 36,600 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Transparency status bar and navigation

Tip us?

edwardlanti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Transparency status bar and navigation

How come HTC didn't make the status bar and navigation bar transparent like everyone else are doing after Kitkat? Am I missing something? Is there an option to turn it off?

TriBeard
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardlanti View Post
How come HTC didn't make the status bar and navigation bar transparent like everyone else are doing after Kitkat? Am I missing something? Is there an option to turn it off?
It's transparent on the home screen and lock screen, and then changes color based on the app that you're in. It's just a design choice on HTC's part. Custom roms and/or sense 6 toolbox (when it comes out) will probably let you force transparency all the time. However, transparent status bar and white icons with no shadow or outline can make for a bad day if you pick the wrong wallpaper.

redalertlb
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBeard View Post
It's transparent on the home screen and lock screen, and then changes color based on the app that you're in. It's just a design choice on HTC's part. Custom roms and/or sense 6 toolbox (when it comes out) will probably let you force transparency all the time. However, transparent status bar and white icons with no shadow or outline can make for a bad day if you pick the wrong wallpaper.
Yea when I had my nexus 5 I was basically the same way it varied between apps mainly for that reason that visibility of the of the icons would be horrible.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

edwardlanti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBeard View Post
Oh I see, I am just asking because I am using the Google Launcher and it doesn't have transparent status/navigation like the Nexus 5 does.