Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 42,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery drain when idle

Tip us?

AbdulrahmanAmir
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by admp View Post
Hi Guys,

I just got my LG G2 and so far lovin' it. I just noticed a battery drain problem though.

I left my phone at 87% when I went to bed at around 12am, this is with WIFI and Mobile Data off. When I woke up at 7:30am, it was down to 71%. I checked BBS and the number one item under Kernel wakelock was bam_dmuc_wakelock.

I've read multiple threads regarding this but have not found a concrete solution. One thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...help/-t2688930) said that this is normal and some app may just be causing this.

Here are the current apps installed on my phone which were also the same ones installed on my HTC One X where this battery drain problem does not exist:

BBS
Dolphin Browser
Facebook
Instagram
LinkedIn
KK Keyboard
NBA GAME TIME
Olympus Image Share
Simple mp3 Downloader
Speedtest
Tapatalk
TeamViewer
UFC
Viber
Whatsapp
Youtube

Can anyone help me with this battery drain issue of mine?

Thanks in advance!
you might need a battery calibration for your mobile or change the kernel speeds

admp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulrahmanAmir View Post
you might need a battery calibration for your mobile or change the kernel speeds
Sorry for my question, but how do I do this?

admp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I've noticed that my bluetooth has been contributing to the battery usage. Even though I haven't been using it and has always been off. From the screenshot, it's been awake for more than 7hrs. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397264496407.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	2681088Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397264409947.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	2681087

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1142
Quote:
I've noticed that my bluetooth has been contributing to the battery usage. Even though I haven't been using it and has always been off. From the screenshot, it's been awake for more than 7hrs. Attachment 2681088Attachment 2681087

yes but its not an actual drain you can see on the top it has only wasted 5% battery(in 7 hours that doesn't even amount to 1% an hour), even though its off it remains in a low energy state(idk why it does though) if it were actually draining battery then the cpu time would be almost the same as awake time(somewhere around 5 and 6 hours) and percentage drain would be higher but I have noticed that after about 2 months on kk(for me atleast) I had started using Bluetooth a lot once I got kk whether to stream music or connect controller to play emulators my Bluetooth doesn't false positive anymore instead it either shows the actual time it was used for(usually a couple hours every day sometimes 3 or 4 out of lets say a day I got 14 hours total use) and another thing I noticed is if I leave it off it will give me the false positive or if I leave it on all day and let it connect/disconnect to the different devices gives me actual usage time

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Quote:
to change kernel speeds you need root/custom kernel and I don't know how to do the battery calibration test
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AbdulrahmanAmir
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
For battery calibration download the app from the playstore called battery calibration then your phone must be fully charged and must be on the charger even if it is full then press calibrate then it will ask for root permission accept it then boom u calibrated ur battery stats right then remove the charger one calibration is enough now for the cpu control you have many apps like trickster mod antutu cpu master rom tool box lite etc then choose the governor depends whether u wanna battery friendly or performance then u have the cpu throttle choose bettween how much the cpu move from the frequencies available

Hope if i helped if i did then plzz press thank button

Your friend Abdulraman
The Following User Says Thank You to AbdulrahmanAmir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

admp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I think I found the problem.

When I leave my phone on during the night, I turn mobile data and wifi off, but my connection is still LTE. I was noticing about 10-15% drain as soon as I wake up. What I tried was to set the phone to just use 2G (GSM), still leaving mobile data and wifi off. I woke up this morning with just 3% battery drain.

It's weird though because I get very good LTE reception so I don't think that a poor LTE connection was causing the problem.

Does this mean that LTE really consumes that much battery?

AbdulrahmanAmir
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
I think I found the problem.

When I leave my phone on during the night, I turn mobile data and wifi off, but my connection is still LTE. I was noticing about 10-15% drain as soon as I wake up. What I tried was to set the phone to just use 2G (GSM), still leaving mobile data and wifi off. I woke up this morning with just 3% battery drain.

It's weird though because I get very good LTE reception so I don't think that a poor LTE connection was causing the problem.

Does this mean that LTE really consumes that much battery?

no it doesn't make sense cause your phone is by default on LTE-GSM