5,604,443 Members 48,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GT-I9506] Pre-Rooted 4.3 ROM + Kernel for 4.3 / 4.2.2 - Pre-Rooted 4.2.2 Stock ROM 4.2.2

Tip us?

sieplake
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Great work... Everything seems to work nice!

Just miss one detail, when I long press to show recent apps... The crossbar to kill all recents isn't there!
Not a big deal, but would be great if you could get in there

Skickat från min GT-I9506 via Tapatalk

DeHAWK
Old
(Last edited by DeHAWK; 21st April 2014 at 09:03 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieplake View Post
Great work... Everything seems to work nice!

Just miss one detail, when I long press to show recent apps... The crossbar to kill all recents isn't there!
Not a big deal, but would be great if you could get in there

Skickat från min GT-I9506 via Tapatalk
Hey
Glad you like it.
Strange, I don't have that problem and it's the first time I hear about it.
When I long-press the home button I get recent apps in the mid right side of the screen a the bar at the bottom.
In the bar I have choices as task manager, running processes, the G letter and to left right the trashcan.
I run same version as here.
Try a factory reset if not already done.
Regards.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Edit...wrong phone.
Now on my S4+, long press home button gives me the same result.
Blue background with the recent apps same place as above.
At the bottom; task manager to the left, the 'G' in the middle and kill all to the right.
See ya

mezo91
Old
(Last edited by mezo91; Yesterday at 01:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 49
can i have a download link for latest 4.3 rom deodexed rooted and zipaligned? i read the op and got lost
my i9506 is running nordic 4.3
i was trying to build a rom which is zipaligned and deodexd and came here, great work i know it took alot of time.
so where can i download the 4.3 rom and what is suitable recovery to use?
thanks.

i read u mentioned u removed csc and needs to be flashed?

now i am running 4.3 and want to falsh a custom rom what should i do? i need to flash recovery yes i know and then flash the rom through the recovery. but u mentioned u removed the csc and will leave to FC of keyboard. now what should i do?

Alestilohomer
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Simply, once flashed the rom, flash your csc package before reboot.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9506 mediante Tapatalk

DeHAWK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0ne View Post
no problem, send me the new kernel.

I flashed only the knox FREE version.

cheers

antutu 37K points
I'll...soon. Might have figured out why my 4.4.2 kernel can't boot my phone. Samsung did it again; they try whatever they can to force us to update our 4.2.2 and 4.3 bootloaders. As many people already know, they just can't flash the 4.4.2 kernel and system image only. Well, they can...but it doesn't work. I even tried myself. Again, it's all about the bootloader, just sitting there and controlling everything. The 4.4.2 bootloader passes an other type of information to the kernel that the previous bootloaders did. - Doing it this way, they prevent us from updating to 4.4.2 by just flashing the above 2 files as we did with the 4.2.2 to 4.3 update.
BUT, there seems to be a workaround to fix it and it that case the kernel ignores some of the information send by the bootloader and then, literally told, just gives the bootloader the finger and work on it's own knowledge.
I just love it.
Regards.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeHAWK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mezo91
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Can you take the 4.4.2 files from E330S and make a custom 4.4.2 rom for our i9506?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

DeHAWK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91 View Post
Can you take the 4.4.2 files from E330S and make a custom 4.4.2 rom for our i9506?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
Hey.
Have tried, doesn't work. And that's why I'm currently working on 3 different kernels. A kernel for 4.3, that I hope will be able to run the 4.4.2 system. A 4.4.2 kernel for 4.4.2 and a kernel for CM11, based on European version.
So much to do and so little time.
Regards.

Time to do some coding.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeHAWK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tomogo
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Default Not working screen mirroring

Hi,
Not working screen mirroring with 4.3 prerooted slim....
Samsung S4 mini i9195 the best 4.3" two-core Droid, Antutu v4 OC 22700, but without USB host, MHL and other things!!! Bloody fu....g Samsung!!!
- Otherwise I don't understand why Android/iOS/WP are so popular they are totally useless without root. They haven't got basic things like old good Symbian!