5,604,507 Members 46,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [xt925/xt926]

Tip us?
 
hugodefcon
Old
#131  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jan 2013
Any chance that google's new camera yo be merged on near nightlies?

Sent from my RAZR HD using Tapatalk
 
StefanGA
Old
#132  
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 87
Join Date: Apr 2007
Sorry for the stupid question, but what is wrong about installing it from the store?

Sent from my RAZR HD using Tapatalk
 
hugodefcon
Old
#133  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanGA View Post
Sorry for the stupid question, but what is wrong about installing it from the store?

Sent from my RAZR HD using Tapatalk
theres nothing wrong with installing it from the play store.
the difference is that if it gets merged then it may be patched so that
we are able to save photos directly to the sd card.
and also why have two camera aplication, when you can have one that works better,
and is also the newest.
 
StefanGA
Old
#134  
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 87
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugodefcon View Post
theres nothing wrong with installing it from the play store.
the difference is that if it gets merged then it may be patched so that
we are able to save photos directly to the sd card.
and also why have two camera aplication, when you can have one that works better,
and is also the newest.
That makes sense, if the external SD saving, scenes, burst mode could be added to the google camera, that would certainly be great!
 
newskate9
Old
#135  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 61
Join Date: Jul 2011
On nightly 422 and 423, Netflix video is messed up. Running ART or DALVIK. Using current Netflix build.

I went back to 421 from 422 and 423, and all was well. I didn't see this mentioned, so I thought I'd just let folks know.

Went back to NETFLIX 1.8.1 and it works fine on 423 / Dalvik. Went to 1.8.1, 423 and ART - also works fine.

Something about 422 / 423 / current netflix builds.
 
arrrghhh
Old
#136  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3105
Posts: 10,596
Join Date: Feb 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by newskate9 View Post
On nightly 422 and 423, Netflix video is messed up. Running ART or DALVIK. Using current Netflix build.

I went back to 421 from 422 and 423, and all was well. I didn't see this mentioned, so I thought I'd just let folks know.

Went back to NETFLIX 1.8.1 and it works fine on 423 / Dalvik. Went to 1.8.1, 423 and ART - also works fine.

Something about 422 / 423 / current netflix builds.
Have you tried SD vs HD? Same result...?

I don't have Netflix, sorry I cannot test this.
 
newskate9
Old
#137  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 61
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Have you tried SD vs HD? Same result...?

I don't have Netflix, sorry I cannot test this.
Not a bad suggestion - but there is no setting I can find to change that. I updated from 1.8.1 to latest, and the problem is still there.
 
arrrghhh
Old
#138  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3105
Posts: 10,596
Join Date: Feb 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by newskate9 View Post
Not a bad suggestion - but there is no setting I can find to change that. I updated from 1.8.1 to latest, and the problem is still there.
Usually when you pause the video there's a button for HD... at least that's how it works on most video steaming applications. Again, no Netflix here
 
newskate9
Old
#139  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 61
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Usually when you pause the video there's a button for HD... at least that's how it works on most video steaming applications. Again, no Netflix here
True. The video player I use, has that very feature. The netflix version I have, doesn't appear to.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes