Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need to pick some of the big brains here about the screen flicker please help.

Tip us?

icedtrip
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by murso74 View Post
ugh i shouldn't' read these threads... now i'm going to be looking for it
My thoughts exactly. The more I read some of the forums, the more I regret my decision of getting the HDX on sale vs the Nexus 7....I was looking at the great specs and not thinking of more, but last night showed me the potential this thing has when I installed the AOSP ROM. Not perfect, but potential. Liking AOSP over the Gapps ROM despite not having music and video.

icedtrip
Old
(Last edited by icedtrip; 23rd April 2014 at 07:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
While reading yesterday's XKCD "What if?", I was able to reproduce the flicker reasonably well. It showed up frequently on the white theme of "Press", but not the dark one (or I simply didn't notice it as much). I did a quick video showing it the best I could. Sorry for the shakiness. The primary time-frame it happens is between 12-16 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REI9p_yJKAo