Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloop - Green HTC logo, sometimes Android

Tip us?

Goto_End
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Bootloop - Green HTC logo, sometimes Android

Ok, so I have admittedly really screwed up and I'm hoping someone here (or multiple someones) can help me out.

My major screwups:
No nandroid backup.
No s-off
I have Sprint

Current State:
I can get to fastboot, recovery and adb works fine. But no matter which recovery/rom combination I try, I get the same end result. My phone will boot to the "HTC One" screen, then go the green HTC logo/white background screen then reboot. Sometimes it stays active long enough to begin the "Welcome to Android" stuff (pick your language, wifi connection, etc...), but not nearly long enough to get through all the screens.

What I've tried so far:
Multiple recovery options including CWM and TWRP. CWM versions 6.0.4.3, 6.0.4.5 touch. TWRP versions 2.6.3.3, 2.6.3.4, 2.7.0.0.
ROMS: ARHD 31.6 and 62.0 (I know this doesn't work with Sprint), Viper 6.1 and some "stock" rom I found somewhere (filename One_4.19.401.11_odexed.zip).

I don't remember exactly the order, but I know I did TWRP 2.6.3.4 and ARHD 62.0 first. Then did Viper 6.1, then ARHD 31.6. Since then, I've tried every combination of recovery and ROM that I can think of.

Here's getvar all:
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: N/A
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: XXXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) imei: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) meid: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4205mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.040s

I'm willing to try anything at this point. So suggestions are welcome. You're also welcome to berate me for the above mentioned screwups, but it won't be very helpful.

TIA

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goto_End View Post
Ok, so I have admittedly really screwed up and I'm hoping someone here (or multiple someones) can help me out.

Multiple recovery options including CWM and TWRP. CWM versions 6.0.4.3, 6.0.4.5 touch. TWRP versions 2.6.3.3, 2.6.3.4, 2.7.0.0.

TIA
Those sound like version numbers for m7_u/ul models, flash proper TWRP for Sprint from here: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7wls
(make sure to check MD5 on the download)

Goto_End
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
Those sound like version numbers for m7_u/ul models, flash proper TWRP for Sprint from here: (can't post links yet)
(make sure to check MD5 on the download)
Downloaded the 2.6.3.0 from the link you provided (checked md5), flashed recovery. Did an adb push to get the Viper ROM (also checked the md5) back to /sdcard and flashed the ROM. Same results as before.

Additional info:
Sometimes I will get "com.htc.htcdialer is not responding", sometimes not.
The screen will timeout on the green HTC logo screen. If I hit Power to bring it back to life, I have to "pull to unlock" and either the logo screen is still there or it's made it to "Welcome to Android".

I actually got to the Welcome screen this time. Picked the language, wifi network and started with my Google login before it rebooted.

Maybe an incompatible ROM issue? If so, I'm out of ideas as to what to try next.

I've downloaded what I believe to be the RUU for this model phone, but since I can't see the phone in Windows, I haven't even tried the RUU.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goto_End View Post
Sometimes I will get "com.htc.htcdialer is not responding", sometimes not.
...before it rebooted.
That's usually caused by the modem not initializing properly, and you could have some corrupt partitions due to using an m7_u/ul and it's time for ruu i guess.

Better head over to the HTC One Sprint forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-htc-one should be plenty of help there.
Most of us here are on m7_u/ul so can offer only limited assistance... could be as simple flashing a radio for Sprint... but like I said, I'm not too familiar with Sprint unbrick.

Sorry & Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Goto_End
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
There's an awesome Rescue Tutorial over in the Sprint HTC One forum for people like me who flashed a GSM ROM on a CDMA phone. I can't post links yet, or I'd link to it just for posterity.

In essence, the GSM ROMs screw up the partition table. The fix was really easy. Most of the time was spend downloading the correct ROM and waiting for the adb push.