Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,322 Members 50,601 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note to Mods or Powers that be...

Tip us?

Breach
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Exclamation Note to Mods or Powers that be...

A lot of people are still requesting a Gear 2 / Gear 2 Neo / Gear Fit forum, but I think the problem is in the "Type to find your device..." field at the top of the pages...

If you type "gear" into the 'Type to find your device" field while you are on the forums page, it works fine. If you do so from the News (front) page or any other page, you will only get the original gear forums as an option.

Hopefully once this is fixed, there will be less confusion.
<-- If you found my comment helpful, please press the [THANKS] button.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Model: SM-N900T) - Rom: ViSiON X N3 KitKat 4.4 NB7 w/Samsung Gear 2 (Model: SM-R380)
The Following User Says Thank You to Breach For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 189
I would like to propose that they also be linked to in the Samsung section on the "Compact" page. I can find all of the other devices I follow there, including the original Galaxy Gear. I can only get to the Gear 2, Neo, and Fit sections from the "All" page.
The Following User Says Thank You to JimSmith94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vanessaem
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 9254

DONATE TO ME
We'll look into this.
The Following User Says Thank You to vanessaem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

the_scotsman
Old
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee / Haggis Muncher
Thanks Meter 8931
Location: NSW, Australia Likes: Anything alcoholic or caffeinated

DONATE TO ME
This requires the magic of either @bitpushr or @svetius who can hopefully help
The Following User Says Thank You to the_scotsman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bitpushr
Old
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter 1172
This is a JavaScript caching issue I believe. We currently have this file set to cache for 30 days, but when new devices are added this ads a delay until they are available in the search box. We'll work on a fix to this to make sure it comes through more quickly.
Current Phone: Nexus 5 (Android L) | Oppo Find 5 (Omni)

Past Phones: Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300, HTC One X, Galaxy Note, iPhone 4S, 4, 3G, 3 (Jailbroken), Motorola V360, HTC TyTN
Past Tablets/Devices: Arnova 10G2, Asus EEEPC 900a, IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bitpushr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]