hboot recovery issue

Search This thread

MartyPavelka

Apr 19, 2014
Hey there guys, I've just unlocked Bootloader as described on the htcdev./ site,
Unfortunately, now when I enter HBOOT, no only do I recieve a "failed to open usb master mode" and "pj46img.zip" fail message, but when I click "Recovery", my phone switches back to fastboot. I need to backup my system to downgrade and root afterwards.. anyways
Anyone experienced this before or has any idea what to do?

The Model is: HTC Endeavor , Android ver. 4.2.2, Sense 5...
and...
What the status bar tells me :

*** UNLOCKED ***
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.72.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-5.1204.167.31
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode : disabled
HW secure boot: enabled
MODEM PATH : OFF
Jun 21 2013,18:24:41

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Error message is normal because you have the usb connected. Without cable you won't get the message.

Second when you are in the bootloader do the command :

Fastboot erase cache

And you need to flash or boot a custom recovery !

Fastboot boot recovery.img

Or

Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

The custom recovery has to be named "recovery.img" and be placed in the fastboot folder on the pc !

And what do you want to downgrade ?

Reactions: MartyPavelka

MartyPavelka

Apr 19, 2014
Cache erased

Error message is normal because you have the usb connected. Without cable you won't get the message.

Fastboot erase cache

Or

The custom recovery has to be named "recovery.img" and be placed in the fastboot folder on the pc !

Wow, thanks for such a quick answer.. sorry for not coming and thanking sooner...
Anyways.. I erased the Cache as recommended.

The reason why downgrade was because somewhere I read there are problems with rooting my phone on 4.2.2 so I thought downgrading to 4.1.1 would be adequate... Anyways recent research pushed me into believing it is not necessary...

Yeah, so anyway I've been looking for a custom recovery to use as you said...
version-main: 4.18.401.2
cidnum: HTC__032
Do I need to find a recovery for exactly my CIDnumber?

MartyPavelka

Apr 19, 2014
Stuck... damn it!

Yeah, umm hello there again.
So I used the Cyanogenmod recovery in the end...

Anyways I let myself led by the guide posted by Thömy (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583037)...
Everything went fine, I got the bootloader unlocked (before already), the recovery provided by ClockWorkMod, did a Data wipe, downloaded everything necessary, booted into Recovery... but when I got to flash the CM 11.0.zip (installing from the zip file in recovery) It failed..

So for no reason i decided to simply restart the phone and try whatever will I find then.. I haven't got past the white/green HTC screen though and I'm stuck at it... I can get back to recovery or the Bootloader, but nothing more, nothing less...

Any Idea?.. I'm struggling with it for a few hour now and feel lost :p

aromerblz

Sep 23, 2012
my backyard
Samsung Galaxy A72 4G

Anyways I let myself led by the guide posted by Thömy (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583037)...
Everything went fine, I got the bootloader unlocked (before already), the recovery provided by ClockWorkMod, did a Data wipe, downloaded everything necessary, booted into Recovery... but when I got to flash the CM 11.0.zip (installing from the zip file in recovery) It failed..

So for no reason i decided to simply restart the phone and try whatever will I find then.. I haven't got past the white/green HTC screen though and I'm stuck at it... I can get back to recovery or the Bootloader, but nothing more, nothing less...

Use the Recovery that Mr Hofs gave you and flash the CM 11 package. Should work. CWM recovery sometimes gives you errors while flashing since you may have to modify the updater-script with-in the package to flash successful.

MartyPavelka

Apr 19, 2014
Nice, felt some progression

Use the Recovery that Mr Hofs gave you and flash the CM 11 package. Should work. CWM recovery sometimes gives you errors while flashing since you may have to modify the updater-script with-in the package to flash successful.

Cool :good:
So I used the Recovery from el Maestro and flashed the CM 11 package.
I got to a "Cyanogenmod" booting screen at which I'm stuck...
It updated some files but, that's all and the arrow wheel keeps spinning? any Idea?

btw: I'm really sorry if someone already had this problem,
I swear I spent hours looking for one, but when I found a similar one,
it wasn't really what I was looking for in the end

[EDIT] Also when I try to boot the system with the boot.img file included in cm-11 package, I'm not stuck on the Cyanogenmod screen but all the way back on the HTC logo screen again

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Did you perform a full wipe within the custom recovery before installing the cm zip ? Seems to me you forgot to wipe something !

aromerblz

Sep 23, 2012
my backyard
Samsung Galaxy A72 4G
yep :) Did it exactly this way :) ... It now behaves the same as when only booted with the boot.img :/

Ok try this..

Assuming you already did a full nandroid backup, do the following:

1. Do a FULL wipe on your device.
2. Flash the ROM again
3. Reboot to bootloader
4. Flash the boot.img again
5. Reboot
6.Thank me if it works. :p

Should work, that's normally the steps I take when flashing ROM's and have never failed me.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
If he flashes the boot.img alresdy its a wipe issue. Doesnt matter when you flash it because it's not going to be changed installing a rom or wiping partitions from within the recovery (definitely not on a s-on device)

6: kinda corny to mention that isn't it ! Bit of a desperate call for appreciation......not confident enough you need confirmation :D

Reactions: Thant

MartyPavelka

Apr 19, 2014
Got past it!

Ok try this..

Assuming you already did a full nandroid backup, do the following:

1. Do a FULL wipe on your device.
2. Flash the ROM again
3. Reboot to bootloader
4. Flash the boot.img again
5. Reboot
6.Thank me if it works. :p

Should work, that's normally the steps I take when flashing ROM's and have never failed me.

Well, wow... ok... I got past the logo screen and I now get keyboard failure messages... but wow... thanks... A huge rock fell of my chest... Thanks to both of you... I did a full wipe again.. I guess it was a wipe issue afterall -_- what a noobfailure..

aromerblz

Sep 23, 2012
my backyard
Samsung Galaxy A72 4G
I don't think it "kills to try" like I mentioned at the bottom that's how I usually do mines when am blocked by issues. and NO not desperate for appreciation either.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Well, wow... ok... I got past the logo screen and I now get keyboard failure messages... but wow... thanks... A huge rock fell of my chest... Thanks to both of you... I did a full wipe again.. I guess it was a wipe issue afterall -_- what a noobfailure..

Have you flashed the GAPPS?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Fastboot erase cache

Or

Custom recovery to enable flashing of all roms (sense 5 and kit Kat)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14c1ikgsp38axwv/twrp-recovery2.img

Flashed the boot.img from the cm11 zip ?
    Yes, I until now was directly booting "fastboot boot boot.img" with cmd on computer.
    Now when I flashed it into the device, I cannot even get to the Cyanogenmod screen, hehe

The flash command should be "fastboot flash boot boot.img" are you sure you are doing it right?