Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,597 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in stock recovery

Tip us?

cntryby429
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by qoncept View Post
Sigh.. I'm getting this when I try to flash the RUU:

Code:
C:\phone\Data>fastboot flash zip 0P6BIMG.zip
target reported max download size of 1830711296 bytes
sending 'zip' (1572932 KB)...
OKAY [ 47.228s]
writing 'zip'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 47.237s
Edit: Same with all other zips.
Since you can get into recovery (pretty sure CWM is the recovery properly installed in this case) you should just download a ROM and put it on the phone's SD Card (always check md5) and install it through CWM. If he wants stock, at least give him a pretty stock ROM like one from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708291
Keep the command line stuff to a minimum and use the GUI of the recovery, that's why they're there.
The Following User Says Thank You to cntryby429 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qoncept
Old
(Last edited by qoncept; 23rd April 2014 at 07:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Ok, I got that BoneStock rom installed. BlinkFeed is crashing occasionally (he's using a different launcher) which is annoying but at least it works. Is there a way to get back to the stock rom from this? What will happen if he tries to do a software update?

Could I flash this?

cntryby429
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by qoncept View Post
Ok, I got that BoneStock rom installed. BlinkFeed is crashing occasionally (he's using a different launcher) which is annoying but at least it works. Is there a way to get back to the stock rom from this? What will happen if he tries to do a software update?
If you really insist on a true stock, unrooted phone, I'd say your easiest options are either the RUU'ish option you seem to have already tried or you could look to the nandroid someone posted in this forum of his stock setup.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2725001
Note that the nandroid was made with TWRP so you'll have to replace your CWM with TWRP (hopefully correctly this time )

Personally, I'm a fan so far of the ViperOne ROM while I'm waiting for a stable AOSP ROM. That's entirely up to you though.

qoncept
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryby429 View Post
If you really insist on a true stock, unrooted phone, I'd say your easiest options are either the RUU'ish option you seem to have already tried or you could look to the nandroid someone posted in this forum of his stock setup.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2725001
Note that the nandroid was made with TWRP so you'll have to replace your CWM with TWRP (hopefully correctly this time )

Personally, I'm a fan so far of the ViperOne ROM while I'm waiting for a stable AOSP ROM. That's entirely up to you though.
He just wants to get it back to bone stock so when he goes and tries again he knows what he's dealing with. It looks like restoring the system partition from that nandroid backup did it. Thanks a lot for your help!