Old
Thanks Meter 1
that will avoid the warranty right ?

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by urself25 View Post
Did everything yesterday. Back to 4.1.1. KNOX still active. Just have to find a way back to 4.3 with root now. OTA does not work but I assume it's because of CF-root.
That would be here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaraj View Post
that will avoid the warranty right ?
What would ?

Crazy? Some people think walking down the street muttering to yourself is crazy. I'll tell you what crazy is: Crazy is walking down the street with half a cantaloupe on your head, saying: "I'm a hamster. I'm a hamster." That's crazy.

elaraj
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
That would be here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

What would ?

now my phone show Xnok warranty avoid : 1 doesn't that mean now my phone out of the warranty

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by elaraj View Post
now my phone show Xnok warranty avoid : 1 doesn't that mean now my phone out of the warranty
Well, that's pretty much the way it works when you modify your phone.
Crazy? Some people think walking down the street muttering to yourself is crazy. I'll tell you what crazy is: Crazy is walking down the street with half a cantaloupe on your head, saying: "I'm a hamster. I'm a hamster." That's crazy.

mistrchow
Old
(Last edited by mistrchow; 20th April 2014 at 08:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aki234 View Post
Hey guys i want to downgrade my note 2 from 4.3 to 4.1.2.

Please send me the link to download firmware 4.1.2
ATT SGH-I317, never rooted.

I also wanted to do this and I did but it failed on 4.1.2 because I didn't find this thread until it was too late. I ended up going to 4.1.1, triped knox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
The official 4.1.2 MA4 package contains a bootloader file. Odin flashing it on top of the official 4.3 MK6 bootloader will cause Odin to barf, and send your phone into "use KIES to recover" status. You can get out of this by successfully flashing anything else in Odin, but that's a hassle...

So ... I took a look at my uploads and realized I had created the package you seek a few weeks back for someone else.. here it is, the UCAMA4 4.1.2 Odin package minus the sboot and tz files... use this instead of the 4.1.1 package, flash and enjoy:
So using what Zen Arcade said there. Will I be able to go from 4.3 (Previously) to 4.1.1 (Current) to 4.1.2 using the "UCAMA4 4.1.2 Odin package minus the sboot and tz files"

Zen Arcade
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2937

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrchow View Post
ATT SGH-I317, never rooted.

I also wanted to do this and I did but it failed on 4.1.2 because I didn't find this thread until it was too late. I ended up going to 4.1.1, triped knox.

So using what Zen Arcade said there. Will I be able to go from 4.3 (Previously) to 4.1.1 (Current) to 4.1.2 using the "UCAMA4 4.1.2 Odin package minus the sboot and tz files"
Yes... you are on the MK6 bootloader though... you will get to 4.1.2 firmware, but you will have the 4.3 bootloader, and it will continue to report in DL mode (and perhaps elsewhere) that you have flashed custom firmware.

urself25
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
Thanks! I installed it through Odin instead and rooted it with CF-Root again. But I'll keep that in mind when KitKat arrives.

angryphoton
Old
(Last edited by angryphoton; 23rd April 2014 at 08:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Tried this procedure but in ODIN says FAIL on first window:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_I317UCALJ2_I317ATTALJ2_215287_REV04_user _low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

My phone was all stock running 4.3 OTA. The phone bugged out last night on me (stuck on Samsung Logo boot screen), did a Hard Reset/Factory Wipe several times to try and get it running again but it did not work. Phone still gets to Recovery Mode and Download Mode so it is not completely bricked? (Or is it ?). I tried doing this in the hope that I can get my phone working again but did not even get far. Am I doing something wrong or is my phone a goner?

TIA.