Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Hidden Note 3

Tip us?

TheNeighbor101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooters29 View Post
congratulations! spyware from the best traditions of the days of the Cold War - if nato/russia relations go the way they have been heading over the last month your skills could be in demand in 'Q' Branch - write to 'Q Branch', Admiralty Buildings, Whitehall, London and we'll fully expect to see Daniel Craig using this in the next Bond movie....
Thank you for the sarcasm.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium HD app

TheNeighbor101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 162
I use this as my carrying protective case, much like a flip cover, but with real paper and 10 paper leaves to jot notes. I even put a hole for the camera so I would not need to take the Note 3 out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398214123244.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	2702821

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398214145767.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	2702822

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398214163389.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	2702823

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398214183548.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	2702824

Sent from my GT-N5100 using XDA Premium HD app

Crescendo Xenomorph
Old
Thanks Meter 1275

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooters29 View Post
congratulations! spyware from the best traditions of the days of the Cold War - if nato/russia relations go the way they have been heading over the last month your skills could be in demand in 'Q' Branch - write to 'Q Branch', Admiralty Buildings, Whitehall, London and we'll fully expect to see Daniel Craig using this in the next Bond movie....
If you can't/unable to make one good creation, then just STFU than giving ****ty comment.

It's easy to attack and destroy an act of creation. It's a lot more difficult to perform one. ~Chuck Palahniuk

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
ROM: N5100XXCMK1
Kernel: Boeffla
---------------------------------------------------------
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
ROM: N900DXUDNC1
Kernel: Halaszk
The Following User Says Thank You to Crescendo Xenomorph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheNeighbor101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine07 View Post
What home screen luck screen or room is that? Awesome "notebook"

Sent from my SM-N900V
I just use Nova launcher with Galaxy Core wallpaper. I use gestures like directional swipes or tappings, and SwipePad to launch apps.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using XDA Premium HD app

kendotelie
Old
Thanks Meter 84
great job on the project and its perfect for what YOU need it for so screw the negative comments. This picture couldn't be more perfect for the situation
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kendotelie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paulosaopaulino
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Congratz for the mod! It was very creative, and I bet I would make a hell of an use here in Brazil. We get robbed very often, and usually thieves look for smartphones, not notebooks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulosaopaulino For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheNeighbor101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulosaopaulino View Post
Congratz for the mod! It was very creative, and I bet I would make a hell of an use here in Brazil. We get robbed very often, and usually thieves look for smartphones, not notebooks.
My brother got mugged and had his Note 2 taken away while commuting. It happens.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2124770

That got me thinking, and started making these custom made book cases. After 9 different creations which includes my 3 Galaxy Note 8 versions, this is my version 10 concealment notebook. I sort of gotten to know what really worked, and looked convincing. I'm thinking of what other things I could improve on for the next version. Integrate wireless charging with the Qi power bank in another notebook? It's something to keep me busy during my idle time.

As I have mentioned, a simpler "dumbphone" Cherry Mobile P1 which has a phone dialer function practically remotes incoming/outgoing calls and text and music remote of the Note 3 completes the deception. Overkill? I don't want to be stopped because someone wants my Note 3 at gun/knife point at night. They can have my cash, my P1 and my 4-year-old 2nd generation iPod Touch. They don't want my spiral binded notebook.

Other than security in mind, this mod is unique than the usual flip cover. I even put in real pages to write when I need to. I developed my Note 8 concealment to have a lot more paper. Check that out too:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2254176

I had the thinnest paper bezels on this one and still use it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1367396436

scooters29
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescendo Xenomorph View Post
If you can't/unable to make one good creation, then just STFU than giving ****ty comment.

It's easy to attack and destroy an act of creation. It's a lot more difficult to perform one. ~Chuck Palahniuk

Woahhh..easy there tiger.
It was meant as light hearted banter and a tounge-in-cheek compliment not an insult.
I'm pretty impressed with the ingenuity and it wasn't meant to be taken as sarcasm.

I'm my culture irony is acceptable as light hearted jesting. Your culture obviously applies literal interpretations. Put it down to my British sense of humour if it caused offence that wasn't my intention and I apologise. In future I shall ensure all my comments are strictly written for literal interpretation and no attempt at light hearted banter shall be attempted.... (oh dear, I've done it again...irony again )

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
SGN3 Previously: HTC One X,HTC Desire
Nokia 6230i [I]still use [/1][B]HTC Excaliber/B] [I]fragile screen [/IHTC Wizard (t-mobile Vario) Pre 2005 I used various Palms, still use Palm Script app on my androids..Motorola RAZR (rubbish),Sony Ericsson J100(colour!),Motorola Pebl u6 (rubbish), Samsung D500 (brilliant, still own), Motorola t190 (boring ), Nokia 8210 (brilliant), Ericsson T28 (1998, brilliant the first tiny phone), Nokia 5110 (1996 legendary),Nokia 1011 (1992]
[

Sweep29
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Loving it Scooter! 😄

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app