[ROM][GPL]3/09/2014-Kang-arom(w/DAC,OTG+charge,ezcap,dvbt)

Search This thread

GrandeParade

Dec 3, 2013
I'm having an issue with Carcam. Everything works fine, except after the tablet wakes up from deep sleep. Carcam refuses to autostart after deep sleep, but as soon as I manually start the app (it shows the video) and then exits back to the home screen everything is back to normal. I need to find a way to get Carcam to start it's server after deep sleep. Anyone got any ideas?

I guess Carcam has a process that's need to be started somehow. Can Tasker launch processes like this?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Iceman_jkh

Aug 10, 2010
Has anyone managed to get USB tethering to work?
I didnt get it to work automatically and I couldn't find any commands/settings for it either.

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
It's my daily driver and the dac input works perfectly with an amplified microphone. I also like that the AOKP ROM has a customizable navbar. Allows me to have prev play next and a volume widget available from the navbar in any screen.

But I'm desperately waiting for this to work in the kangaroo ROM. Any progress on the DAC inputs redeyedjedi?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Can you save me a little bit of footwork and tell me which widget you use to control the music track functions?

Also still trying to figure out if there is a way to show if fact charge is turned on or not.

I keep running my battery down while using waze, torque, and Spotify. I am running an y-otg and a dedicated 3amp power supply with the data wires on the USB plug shorted. The data side of the otg goes to a powered USB hub too so no draw should be happening there.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

gregthomas129

Apr 16, 2011
Can you save me a little bit of footwork and tell me which widget you use to control the music track functions?

Also still trying to figure out if there is a way to show if fact charge is turned on or not.

I keep running my battery down while using waze, torque, and Spotify. I am running an y-otg and a dedicated 3amp power supply with the data wires on the USB plug shorted. The data side of the otg goes to a powered USB hub too so no draw should be happening there.

For music control I use the customizable navbar with a button pointing to a tasker task. One each for previous, play/pause and next. I also have one that uses a volume widget.

The battery is one thing I forgot to mention... I've not been able to get fast charge to work with this setup (AOKP with Timur's kernel). Charging has never been a problem for me but I drive 2 hours per day so I have plenty of time to charge even though its slow. May be a problem for you though. This set up does show its charging, just shows USB charging and not AC.

Power Toggles is also a good widget that I use for a power button on the home screen. You can also use it to show battery information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rans0m00

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
For music control I use the customizable navbar with a button pointing to a tasker task. One each for previous, play/pause and next. I also have one that uses a volume widget.

The battery is one thing I forgot to mention... I've not been able to get fast charge to work with this setup (AOKP with Timur's kernel). Charging has never been a problem for me but I drive 2 hours per day so I have plenty of time to charge even though its slow. May be a problem for you though. This set up does show its charging, just shows USB charging and not AC.

Power Toggles is also a good widget that I use for a power button on the home screen. You can also use it to show battery information.

Thanks! It's going to take me a minute to get that worked out(I'm a Tasker noob) but after I do then this setup will almost be perfect.

I am using this rom and kangarom kernel. It drains but very slowly.... Like I can get 7hrs of running time. Shows its getting 3.7amps at the tablet so I figure it's a software issue. Shows ac charging but not enough. Just have to figure it out... Tried some other kernels and no luck. But haven't been trying really hard yet.

Will Be Working More On This In The Following Days.

gregthomas129

Apr 16, 2011
Thanks! It's going to take me a minute to get that worked out(I'm a Tasker noob) but after I do then this setup will almost be perfect.

I am using this rom and kangarom kernel. It drains but very slowly.... Like I can get 7hrs of running time. Shows its getting 3.7amps at the tablet so I figure it's a software issue. Shows ac charging but not enough. Just have to figure it out... Tried some other kernels and no luck. But haven't been trying really hard yet.

Will Be Working More On This In The Following Days.

So you're using AOKP and Kangaroo kernel? Or Kangarom and Kangaroo kernel?

la.ouiche

Dec 5, 2009
OK, Ill go and see what else is missing. This was something I couldnt verify. It seems there is more to do here. can you tell me of any kitkat roms where this does work for you? Im sure there are a couple, Im just lookin for where to start.
I am just testing the KangaromV2 and so far it's working great with FI mode, fast charge, with my behringer uca202, so far so good.
But I'm experiencing the bluetooth tethering issue mentionned earlier by j41224, and I'm coming from the CM11 ROM KOTH49 found here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2546065
I took the version :
- cm-11-20140217-zeljko-UNOFFICIAL-grouper (I didn't take the latest cm-11-20140220 because of a bluetooth issue reported, I guess linked to CM11 mods that don't apply for AOSP purity ROM? ).
- And the Netfluke kernel CM11-OTG-v5.img (from this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50417390&postcount=499 )
With that installed, bluetooth tethering was working without any flaw, I could connect to my phone and get a connection from its 3G.
I hope it helps find the issue, or may be there's already a fix?

Another subject, I'm currently testing a dvb-t dongle but I'm not sure where to start yet... It's branded as "MSI DIGIVOX mini II V3.0", and I found it can work on linux on this page from linuxtv.org: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices . But I opened the dongle and found the chip is a NXP TDA18211HD/C1
So I'm a little confused as it seems to be another model with the same package as the 2 mentionned on the list on linuxtv.org. Anyway I've plugged it behind my Y-OTG cable plugged to original N7 AC adaptor, and the other hand to the N7. Opening the keyboard notification that appears then show me a physical keyboard named Afatech DVD-T 2. I've just tried to start SDR Touch radio app after that. It does not work and I have a driver not found error.
Which driver should I use? (and how to install it and make it work for droidtv would be nice)

GrandeParade

Dec 3, 2013
Quiet here! Has anyone seen any updates of the Carcam app lately? I saw on a Russian forum that the author Dmitry said he would be working on it a couple of weeks ago..

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
It has been quiet. For the most part my setup is running perfect. I don't use a carcam yet and my charging issues I don't think have anything to do with the rom/kernel so just floating along till he decides there is something worth updating.

la.ouiche

Dec 5, 2009
Yes it is so quiet... I really hope the bluetooth tethering issue get fixed soon, it's a feature that is awefully missing and I would intensivly use...
I would like to help, but how ?

j41224

Feb 21, 2011
Yes it is so quiet... I really hope the bluetooth tethering issue get fixed soon, it's a feature that is awefully missing and I would intensivly use...
I would like to help, but how ?

I'm not using this rom at the moment because I had issues with battery usage with my setup but I was able to get the bluetooth tethering to work occasionally by flashing his kangaroo Beta 3 kernel on top of the latest kangarom. Before without the kernel I couldn't get it to work at all. A friend of mine flashed kangaroo v2 over top of the first kangarom and I believe he had the same results. I'm currently using the Cm11 Jan 18th build with dac support and the v5 kernel on top. Bluetooth tethering works, no carcam easycap stuff because of drivers. Battery is good but I'm having trouble with going to sleep and waking up for some reason. Most of the time it doesn't wake and reboots. Otherwise I enjoy using Tasker and autoremote to use the bluetooth mic on my phone to send music search commands to my tablet in the car dash.

la.ouiche

Dec 5, 2009
I'm not using this rom at the moment because I had issues with battery usage with my setup but I was able to get the bluetooth tethering to work occasionally by flashing his kangaroo Beta 3 kernel on top of the latest kangarom. Before without the kernel I couldn't get it to work at all. A friend of mine flashed kangaroo v2 over top of the first kangarom and I believe he had the same results. I'm currently using the Cm11 Jan 18th build with dac support and the v5 kernel on top. Bluetooth tethering works, no carcam easycap stuff because of drivers. Battery is good but I'm having trouble with going to sleep and waking up for some reason. Most of the time it doesn't wake and reboots. Otherwise I enjoy using Tasker and autoremote to use the bluetooth mic on my phone to send music search commands to my tablet in the car dash.
Thanks for the info, but where can I find the kangaroo Beta 3 kernel you mentionned?
The v5 kernel you speak about is the Netfluke kernel?

I tried the Netfluke V5 kernel on the cm-11-20140217-zeljko-UNOFFICIAL-grouper, bluetooth tehtering was ok but I had issues with my DAC.

j41224

Feb 21, 2011
1. V3 Beta Kernel http://d-h.st/F0M
2. Yes
3. With Netfluke V5 kernel on the cm-11-20140118-zeljko-UNOFFICIAL-grouper I do OK with the dac. I'm having the sleep and wake issue and no easycap carcam.

Also otg usb memory stick works great with no additional apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: la.ouiche

Rage2

Jun 6, 2008
redeyedjedi, Shoutout from pccar.ru!

Thank you, you did a great job!

I found a few bugs.

1. I find our that USB media (/mnt/usbdisk) mounted with RO (read-only) permissions.
Would you be please fix it and enable RW. In order to do this please edit the file /etc/permissions/platform.xml

Screenshot_2014-04-24-00-15-1555.png

2. During cold boot (initial boot, and not during resume from sleep), USB media is not auto-mounted..

The only workaround I found so far - put tablet to sleep, then resume from sleep. Then USB media is able to recover and get mounted properly

Would you be able to implement auto-mount USB sticks during cold start - the same as you did during resume from sleep

Last edited:

GrandeParade

Dec 3, 2013

I found a few bugs.

1. I find our that USB media (/mnt/usbdisk) mounted with RO (read-only) permissions.
Would you be please fix it and enable RW. In order to do this please edit the file /etc/permissions/platform.xml

View attachment 2704648

2. During cold boot (initial boot, and not during resume from sleep), USB media is not auto-mounted..

The only workaround I found so far - put tablet to sleep, then resume from sleep. Then USB media is able to recover and get mounted properly

Would you be able to implement auto-mount USB sticks during cold start - the same as you did during resume from sleep

Rage, do you know if there's any work being made on the Carcam app? 1.4bbb is a bit buggy..

jeb192004

Aug 22, 2012
Is there any way to get the keyboard to come up while having a physical keyboard plugged into the tablet? I have a joycon exr plugged in for the steering wheel controls work with the tablet. The tablet sees that as a keyboard...

Sent from my LG-LS995 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kang-A-rom

What is it?
    a kang of purity rom with a few added functions. It is based on the hard work of others and no credit to me is implied, other than merging and building. All sources are available at:

https://github.com/lostdeveloper

Features:

* Full dac support, on boot, hot plug, volume control
    *OC of CPU and GPU
    *OTG while charging, fastcharging
    *support for most dvbt tuners including the newer r820t tuners.
    *automatic mounting of ntfs and exfat storage drives with read and write support
    *easycap support, plug n play (requires carcam app)
    *firm sleep
    *wakelock blocker
    *usb/bluetooth tethering (unconfirmed)
    *more, and more coming....

Kangarom V2 03/09/2014

Changes:

*plug and play any easycap device (needs carcam app, and one model also needs firmware)
    *added support in ramdisk and frameworks/base for USB tethering and bluetooth tethering. I have no way to test this, it needs testing, and I need logcats with any issues. I am completely unsure If I have everything here.
    *included dashclock and simple explorer, both open source and useful, while not consuming a lot of space
    *Wakelock Blocker, selectively prevent certain wakelocks to save battery
    *all purity rom updates from DariosF

Download

http://d-h.st/qOT

________________________________________________________________________________________

Older Changelogs and
    Downloads:

Kangarom v1, initial release
    http://d-h.st/QXB

_____________________________________________________________________________
    other info:
    -some models of easycap may also require a firmware to function properly. These firmwares must be obtained by the end user and cannot be included by me for legal reasons. However, they can be downloaded freely from proper sources.
    -use of dvbt tuners requires a script to load the needed modules and set up for chrulri's droidtv app.
    -firm sleep, and dac on boot require crue's powermanager app to set options for firm sleep, fixed install mode, and fastcharge in hostmode

**The latest version of crue's app may be found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50265682&postcount=411

Credit is his, so hit his thanks button.

More INFo about this can be found in my kernel thread, as well as links to the source code used for this:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2558717

Im working on a tilapia build.....not yet.

feel free to ask any questions... Im not too concerned about hardcore dev stuff only. Anything that helps others find answers works for me.
    I second @GrandeParade, I've got all the hardware for my EZCap backup cam, but I don't entirely understand what I am doing to build and push the necessary modules.

I got the source code for the modules and the script you use that you reference here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48220332&postcount=3

Can I follow these directions to build?
    http://mehrvarz.github.io/building-nexus-7-kernel/

I do know I have an stk1160 chip.

Thanks for any help or direction! Also, thanks for the KitKat ROM! Can't wait to get it all set up and running before replacing JB in the car.

Its a whole weekend after I wanted, but today I will push an update. I got a lot done, and a lot NOT done yet....but:

*plug n play ezcap, just install carcam
    *wakelock blocker
    *usb/bluetooth tethering
    *slim file manager and dashclock (nice translucent widget)
    *all updates from dariosF for purity

I just need to push it.....later today it will be up and everyone can have ezcap the easy way.....although I hope the carcam app gets updated eventually.

I found a few bugs.

Screenshot_2014-04-24-00-15-1555.png

Redeyedjedi, how did it go? Do you think the update will be done soon?

And btw, what kind of updates are you waiting for regarding the carcam app? Anything wrong with it?

I only got 1.4bb. Anyone has a link to the latest carcam? Would be much appreciated!

I wanted to push it yesterday but I found a crash issue with dashclock, and i started to fix it but got sidetracked. Today, I will try to get it finished. Again, I dont want to push anything that cant be a daily driver, so all crashes need to be addressed.
    Also, im gonna use "simple explorer" from its author, instead of the slimrom version, because it has nice root level ops, like permission changes, adding/deleting from /system/app, open source and free!! seriously, today I hope...
    op updated, new version is done.