Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,230 Members 48,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Block Ads *HELP*

Tip us?

Veniceee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Block Ads *HELP*

I'm trying to block ads on my phone lucky patched didn't seem to get the job done nor did minminguard from xposed. I also updated my hosts file from /etc/ directory and installed adblock plus and ads still come up .. anything I'm missing?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eruscool
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have a stock m8 right now but adaway has always worked for me with all the other phones I've had (ie. m7 s4 s3 n5 sgn3) you do have to be rooted however.

SeanFloyd
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I have tried AdFree, AdAway and AdBlocker and have had no luck with any of them.
HTC M8 - What's Really Good!?!

TriBeard
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by eruscool View Post
I have a stock m8 right now but adaway has always worked for me with all the other phones I've had (ie. m7 s4 s3 n5 sgn3) you do have to be rooted however.
Yeah, that worked for me too on my M7. I haven't got around to rooting yet and kind of miss it. I didn't even know half the apps I use have so many ads.

ggeralds
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Assuming you have root.....this is awesome and unobtrusive

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1916098

darll
Old
Thanks Meter 51
If your M8 is S-on the ads will always be reverted after about 24 hours. I used all ad-blockers and none seemed to stick for me. I was plagued by this issue until i did the s-off mod
IF YOU BENEFITED FROM MY POST, PLEASE HIT THANKS

lampel
Old
Thanks Meter 69
If you don't want to s-off, or can't, but you are rooted and the ad blocks still don't 'stick' after a reboot simply enable system write (as opposed to read only.) This can be accomplished by using a modified kernel (in the dev section) or there is also a flashable mod for the stock kernel.
Provider: T-Mobile US
Device: HTC One

egcthree
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eruscool View Post
I aways use adaway too. its on fdroid repo if u cant find it. Viper rom has it baked in Im pretty sure.