Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 39,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any way to stream emulators yet? 😊

Tip us?

stafer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Any way to stream emulators yet? 😊

Title says it all, me and my friends have been waiting for an app that can either stream any app in general or for the dev teams that work on the emulators to add the cast option to their work. ☺

Thanks ahead of time guys ☺
The Following User Says Thank You to stafer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafer View Post
Title says it all, me and my friends have been waiting for an app that can either stream any app in general or for the dev teams that work on the emulators to add the cast option to their work. ☺

Thanks ahead of time guys ☺
Emulator as in for emulating an Android device, like Bluestacks?
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

stafer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga View Post
Emulator as in for emulating an Android device, like Bluestacks?
No as in snes, nes, GBA etc ☺
The Following User Says Thank You to stafer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gianptune
Old
Thanks Meter 71
I haven't seen anything talk to the chromecast with low enough latency to play a game more advanced than solitaire. Hell, netflix has enough trouble for me registering when i press the pause/play button.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafer View Post
No as in snes, nes, GBA etc ☺
Oh... Short of running the emulator on a desktop and using desktop mirroring (which has even more latency), not yet...

And as gianptune said, there's too much latency to use Chromecast like this unless the emulator runs on Chromecast. But then there's no way to provide the input control, so it would still require development on the emulator.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'