Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,499 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo - Combine Forums???

Tip us?
 
vanessaem
Old
#11  
vanessaem's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 9546
Posts: 11,088
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York

 
DONATE TO ME
Ok many of you asked for separate forums for the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo. Now you're wanting them to be merged? We can't keep going back and forth with this. It's not easy to make separate forums then have to merge them again. It's actually easier if you just go to the Gear 2 forum if you have a Gear 2 watch and to the Gear 2 Neo if you have that watch or perhaps feel free to venture in each other's forum.

Next thing you know, we combine the two watch forums then there will be another outcry to separate the forums again. We can't keep doing this. If you want to make things easy for yourself, just bookmark each forum.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vanessaem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ex-28
Old
#12  
ex-28's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 943
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessaem View Post
Ok many of you asked for separate forums for the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo. Now you're wanting them to be merged? We can't keep going back and forth with this. It's not easy to make separate forums then have to merge them again. It's actually easier if you just go to the Gear 2 forum if you have a Gear 2 watch and to the Gear 2 Neo if you have that watch or perhaps feel free to venture in each other's forum.

Next thing you know, we combine the two watch forums then there will be another outcry to separate the forums again. We can't keep doing this. If you want to make things easy for yourself, just bookmark each forum.
I think the big deal before was the gear and gear 2 forums were together which there totally superset devices

The Gear 2 and gear 2 neo are idintical

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk 2
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 G900W8 (rogers)
Model:SM-G900W8
Android Version:4.4.2
Baseband Version: G900W8VLU1ANF3
Kernal: 3.4.0-1947824
Build: Omega V7.0 - XXU1ANG2
Launcher: Apex Launcher Pro

XDA-dev Is My Daily Newspaper !


The Following User Says Thank You to ex-28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vanessaem
Old
(Last edited by vanessaem; 23rd April 2014 at 06:29 PM.)
#13  
vanessaem's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 9546
Posts: 11,088
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-28 View Post
I think the big deal before was the gear and gear 2 forums were together which there totally superset devices

The Gear 2 and gear 2 neo are idintical

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk 2

If they were identical, there wouldn't be a Gear 2 and a Gear 2 Neo. Perhaps the original request shouldn't have been for two separate forums for each. Apparently at the time of the requests, no one thought the two devices were identical. Now they're identical.
If you want to keep going through this back and forth with the merging and unmerging of these devices then please contact an admin.
 
ex-28
Old
(Last edited by ex-28; 23rd April 2014 at 07:46 PM.)
#14  
ex-28's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 943
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Maybe I missed the merge your but when the gear 2 and gear to née were released, everyone for both devices was posting talking on the gear forums which gear and gear 2 are totally different so the seperated them as we all asked but when they did so they made the gear 2 and a gear 2 neo 2 separate forums which is what users are asking g to be combined

Far as I know the gear 2 and gear 2 neo were never combined I the past these 2 devices are identical aside from one having a camera in it

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk 2
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 G900W8 (rogers)
Model:SM-G900W8
Android Version:4.4.2
Baseband Version: G900W8VLU1ANF3
Kernal: 3.4.0-1947824
Build: Omega V7.0 - XXU1ANG2
Launcher: Apex Launcher Pro

XDA-dev Is My Daily Newspaper !


The Following User Says Thank You to ex-28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
motog35
Old
#15  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 143
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessaem View Post

If they were identical, there wouldn't be a Gear 2 and a Gear 2 Neo. Perhaps the original request shouldn't have been for two separate forums for each. Apparently at the time of the requests, no one thought the two devices were identical. Now they're identical.
If you want to keep going through this back and forth with the merging and unmerging of these devices then please contact an admin.
Show me a thread - or a single post for that matter, where a user requested to have two separate forums for Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo. All the discussion about having a separate forum was to isolate Gear 2 from the original Gear 1.

Not trying to pick a fight here, but just wish moderators/admins can be more open minded. This thread was posted on the Gear 2 Neo forum. If you go on the Gear 2 forum, you will see people making the same request as I have. It does not make any sense to switch between Gear 2/ Gear 2 Neo forum when the content applies to both hardware.

This is almost the same as having, a separate forum for White Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and a Black Galaxy Note 3. Or a better comparison, a 16gb SIII forum, and a 32gb SIII forum.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-28 View Post
Maybe I miss the merch your but when the gear 2 and gear to née were released, everyone for both devices was posting talking on the gear forums which gear and gear 2 are totally different so the seperated them as we all asked but when they did so they made the gear 2 and a gear 2 neo 2 separate forums which is what users are asking g to be combined

Far as I know the gear 2 and gear 2 neo were never combined I the past these 2 devices are identical aside from one having a camera in it

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk 2

+1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to motog35 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vanessaem
Old
#16  
vanessaem's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 9546
Posts: 11,088
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by motog35 View Post
Show me a thread - or a single post for that matter, where a user requested to have two separate forums for Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo. All the discussion about having a separate forum was to isolate Gear 2 from the original Gear 1.

Not trying to pick a fight here, but just wish moderators/admins can be more open minded. This thread was posted on the Gear 2 Neo forum. If you go on the Gear 2 forum, you will see people making the same request as I have. It does not make any sense to switch between Gear 2/ Gear 2 Neo forum when the content applies to both hardware.

This is almost the same as having, a separate forum for White Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and a Black Galaxy Note 3. Or a better comparison, a 16gb SIII forum, and a 32gb SIII forum.






+1

Open minded? You have no idea. What doesn't makes sense is people telling us to make separate forums for these two devices and then telling us to merge them again.
I also said contact an admin if you want this stuff merged again. Done with argument.
 
ex-28
Old
#17  
ex-28's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 943
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessaem View Post

If they were identical, there wouldn't be a Gear 2 and a Gear 2 Neo. Perhaps the original request shouldn't have been for two separate forums for each. Apparently at the time of the requests, no one thought the two devices were identical. Now they're identical.
If you want to keep going through this back and forth with the merging and unmerging of these devices then please contact an admin.
vanessaem totally understand where your coming from we all did want the merge but when they separated the gear and the gear 2 & gear 2 neo they separated the gear 2 and the gear 2 neo into separate forums (they took these 2 forums out of the "gear forums which is what we asked for ) I think the misunderstanding is that they separated the gear 2 from the gear 2 neo is all which we wanted combined together but separate from the gear forum . can totally understand the frustration as there have been many posts over this , but as listed above should clear things up.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 G900W8 (rogers)
Model:SM-G900W8
Android Version:4.4.2
Baseband Version: G900W8VLU1ANF3
Kernal: 3.4.0-1947824
Build: Omega V7.0 - XXU1ANG2
Launcher: Apex Launcher Pro

XDA-dev Is My Daily Newspaper !


 
nowy57
Old
#18  
nowy57's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 518
Posts: 870
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Poland
100% good idea
----------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note3+Mugen 6500mAh - best phone ever
 
mark manning
Old
#19  
mark manning's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3203
Posts: 5,041
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver, CO Likes: Omne absconditur in palam veniat

 
DONATE TO ME
Ok here is the deal. We will not be merging the two forums at this time. Period. If need be, we will look into it at a later date but for now please do not create anymore threads such as this.


Thread closed
5 Million + Members Heads Are Better Than One

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes