[Q] Wi-fi Not Connecting on ANY Android Build

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By stamor99, Junior Member on 24th April 2014, 01:07 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I've been lurking for a while and attempting to solve this problem on my own but I've run up against a brick wall and I need some help.

A bit ago, I was running an older stable CM10 build with no real issues. Then, suddenly, one day, the wi-fi stopped connecting. It sees everything broadcast and saves the network, but any time I tried to connect it would, essentially, time out. It would try for a few seconds, then go back to saying "saved". I tried a few different things to test the connection, rebooting the tablet, rebooting the router, removing all security from the router, installing a new router, and trying a public wi-fi. The results were all the same: the tablet can see all the broadcasts but not connect to any.

So, I wiped CM10 totally from the device and installed CM10.1. When I tried setting it up, the exact same thing happened. It can detect all the wi-fi broadcasts but cannot connect to any of them (and as a side note, any time it tried to connect, the wi-fi bars would drop out from full to one bar).

All in all I tried installs of CM9 (that I had used successfully before), CM10, CM10.1, CM10.2 and Evervolv 4.3.1, each from wiped touchpads. EVERY one of them had the exact same problem. The wi-fi when in WebOS works great, so I'm not thinking it's a hardware failure. There's just something odd going on with android installs and my touchpad and I need help.

If anybody has any ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread