Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 52,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT& T Galaxy S4 i337- trying to unlock, need help with Odin

Tip us?

back2borabora
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default AT& T Galaxy S4 i337- trying to unlock, need help with Odin

I've got an AT&T Galaxy S4 running Android 4.3 with the mk2 modem. I'm trying to unlock to get it on T-mobile and dealing with the nasty region lock.

I've rooted my phone, but now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to flash my modem back to mdl.

I'm trying to used Method 2 in this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2595457, but it doesn't give enough details for this noob, who knows nothing about Odin, other than I've downloaded and installed v. 3.09 on my laptop.

How do I use Odin to do this?

TheCrazyDirectioner
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2borabora View Post
I've got an AT&T Galaxy S4 running Android 4.3 with the mk2 modem. I'm trying to unlock to get it on T-mobile and dealing with the nasty region lock.

I've rooted my phone, but now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to flash my modem back to mdl.

I'm trying to used Method 2 in this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2595457, but it doesn't give enough details for this noob, who knows nothing about Odin, other than I've downloaded and installed v. 3.09 on my laptop.

I've tried so hard to software unlock an S4 I bought that was running 4.3. In the end, I just gave up. There's really no way you're going to get the old modem + servicemode on there again. I absolutely HATE Knox. I just ended up buying an unlock code for the phone, then doing the AWS mod.
Galaxy S4 I337M Blue - Stock 4.4.2, AWS modded
Nexus 5 16GB White - CM11 Snapshot M8
Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL - Stock rooted 4.0.4

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 587

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2borabora View Post

Install Samsung drivers, plug the phone in, open ODIN, and load the MDL modem into the CP slot. Flash and hope it works.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)