google voice search offline

Search This thread

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Make sure that you have sideloaded the latest apk for google search. Also, if you want to be able to simply say "OK Google...call Mom", You will have to load the latest Google Now Launcher apk. I downloaded both by using the google chrome extension that allows you to download the apks to your PC from the Google Play website (awesome tool!).

The microphone sits directly to the left of the space bar in the AOSP keyboard.

Ok a couple things. I am pretty sure I have the latest apk installed on the gear for google search as I did this step a few days ago. Can you confirm you version to me?

I understand the being able to say "Google Now" bit. I've tried a few external sources to obtain the Google Now Launcher app and everytime I try to install it on the Gear, I get a parsing error, unable to install. I found a KitKat Launcher which sorta does the same thing. Google Now Search still thinks I'm needing Internet and even when connected to the Internet, a "Call Mom" voice command brings up search results instead of performing the actual call task.

I finally installed another keyboard: Swiftkey, and am now able to get a voice microphone offline using the browser as a test and it works to dictate text, however, when in "Google now Search", and I even try bringing up the keyboard, that voice microphone is missing.

I'm Stumped.

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Ok I found and installed and used that "Google Chrome Extension" that lets you download apps from the play store to computer. I was able to do this for Google Search/Now. Sideloaded and updated on gear. Cleared it's cache and also rebooted and cleared Dalvik and cache to no avail. Still same problem. When I run the Google Search/Now app and press on the mic OR say "Ok Google" and then try to say "Call mom"... It still in between even saying the "Call" part reports no internet connection and just bounces me back to the Google Now screen.

I'm unable to download the "Google Launcher" app via the Extension as it says not available for my device or something. :confused:

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
You guys find the offline processing very slow and inaccurate on an non overclocked Gear?

animatechnica

Dec 12, 2010
Freakmont
Just for reference I use mine tethered all day and recognition is pretty fast. Google translate is fast enough for rudimentary 2 way communication
Running stock 800mhz
Sent from my Lenovo K900 using Tapatalk

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Has anyone other than @crutzulee got this up and running to be able to be un-tethered (offline) and use Google Now to say a command and get it to "Call Mom, ect..." through the gear?

If so, could you please post exactly what you did to get it to work. :eek: I have it to the point to where I try that command whether tethered or un-tethered and it reports in Google Now Search something of the sorts " You're device is not compatible to do this function" :p

animatechnica

Dec 12, 2010
Freakmont
lazer with the google home apk i shared with you earlier, tethered google voice works flawlessy for me - in fact it is now my gear's primary input interface - i can tell it to open apps, set reminders, call someone, text someone etc.. but the caveat is you need to be tethered. Battery drain is not as bad as I thought - out the door at 7:00 am, back home to charge at 10 pm.so only disadvantage is if you are away from the charger overnight

Has anyone other than @crutzulee got this up and running to be able to be un-tethered (offline) and use Google Now to say a command and get it to "Call Mom, ect..." through the gear?

If so, could you please post exactly what you did to get it to work. :eek: I have it to the point to where I try that command whether tethered or un-tethered and it reports in Google Now Search something of the sorts " You're device is not compatible to do this function" :p

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
lazer with the google home apk i shared with you earlier, tethered google voice works flawlessy for me - in fact it is now my gear's primary input interface - i can tell it to open apps, set reminders, call someone, text someone etc.. but the caveat is you need to be tethered. Battery drain is not as bad as I thought - out the door at 7:00 am, back home to charge at 10 pm.so only disadvantage is if you are away from the charger overnight

On my gear, Google Now Search even when tethered produces the message - device not compatible or whatever when trying to make a call command.

And for some reason if I stay tethered, in 2 hrs or less, my gear is completely drained. This is with the Galaxy S4 KitKat rooted tethering enabled Bluetooth and just selecting on the Gear Bluetooth-S4 setting "enable Internet". No PDA net or nothing. I don't get why mine drains so bad or I would have no problem leaving it tethered other than what I said above, why does Google Search see my Gear as not compatible to make a call when evoking that command?

Do you think it's all in the Google Home apk and not the Search app or frameworks? I've tried so much **** lately to get this to work and Crutz sent me some files to try which didn't resolve, I can't even remember now where I have the apk you sent me, lol :laugh:

BigBison420

Feb 19, 2012
jacksonville
www.facebook.com
On my gear, Google Now Search even when tethered produces the message - device not compatible or whatever when trying to make a call command.

And for some reason if I stay tethered, in 2 hrs or less, my gear is completely drained. This is with the Galaxy S4 KitKat rooted tethering enabled Bluetooth and just selecting on the Gear Bluetooth-S4 setting "enable Internet". No PDA net or nothing. I don't get why mine drains so bad or I would have no problem leaving it tethered other than what I said above, why does Google Search see my Gear as not compatible to make a call when evoking that command?

Do you think it's all in the Google Home apk and not the Search app or frameworks? I've tried so much **** lately to get this to work and Crutz sent me some files to try which didn't resolve, I can't even remember now where I have the apk you sent me, lol :laugh:

Same here... google voice incredibly slow, TETHERED OR NOT! Also noticing EXTREME battery drain when tethering WiFi from my Note 2... More concerned with the speed of Google Voice though..

animatechnica

Dec 12, 2010
Freakmont
Wow that is extreme. I use easy tether and my battery lasts a long time. Unless you meant actual screen on time in which case it be lower but certainly more than just 2 hours.

By the way the Google home was sent to you by PM so check there

Could be a combo of the Google play services + home. I can send mine over later when I get home

Reactions: lazer9

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Wow that is extreme. I use easy tether and my battery lasts a long time. Unless you meant actual screen on time in which case it be lower but certainly more than just 2 hours.

By the way the Google home was sent to you by PM so check there

Could be a combo of the Google play services + home. I can send mine over later when I get home

Sure, if you could and re-send the other one if possible. I checked my PM folder and can't find it :(

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

animatechnica

Dec 12, 2010
Freakmont
no don't install the others but i did remember one step that enabled 'ok google' for me -

connect to the phone and access the playstore, install open mic+ then open it - it should give you a message to update google services, accept the download (do not install this from the play store) and once it is installed, you can then remove open mic+

Thanks, will try, although I remember finding this same 3 file setup on a google search before and think I tried it. Don't install the other two files though, correct?

And what about Google Play Service OR Framework update? Is that needed?

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
no don't install the others but i did remember one step that enabled 'ok google' for me -

connect to the phone and access the playstore, install open mic+ then open it - it should give you a message to update google services, accept the download (do not install this from the play store) and once it is installed, you can then remove open mic+

I already have Open Mic+ installed. It wouldn't give me that optiot to update google... I do remember it doing it once before though and I didn't chose to update. I went in and force closed and cleared both cache & data on Open Mic+ and reloaded it hoping to get that option but it didn't come up. I know I currently have Crutz's Google services and Google Now installed.

When tethered I can voice the command "Call contact name" and it gives me a message " Your device doesn't support this function"

Not sure how to proceed. :confused:

animatechnica

Dec 12, 2010
Freakmont
hate to suggest this but perhaps start fresh with just the null 23 - then install home/voice/ and open mic+, then upgrade via open mike

I already have Open Mic+ installed. It wouldn't give me that optiot to update google... I do remember it doing it once before though and I didn't chose to update. I went in and force closed and cleared both cache & data on Open Mic+ and reloaded it hoping to get that option but it didn't come up. I know I currently have Crutz's Google services and Google Now installed.

When tethered I can voice the command "Call contact name" and it gives me a message " Your device doesn't support this function"

Not sure how to proceed. :confused:

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
hate to suggest this but perhaps start fresh with just the null 23 - then install home/voice/ and open mic+, then upgrade via open mike

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don't have the patience to go through that whole process and setting up my stuff again. I'm still hoping for another solution. I can't believe the hours/days I've put into this already, blah :rolleyes:

BigBison420

Feb 19, 2012
jacksonville
www.facebook.com
I just wanted to let you guys know

I installed SWapp LINK from google play - I can text people using the google voice service and guess what?? it's accurate and it's faster!!! I'm not sure why but at first it took a verrrrrrrrrrrry long time ... GIVE this a ShoT !!

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I just wanted to let you guys know

I installed SWapp LINK from google play - I can text people using the google voice service and guess what?? it's accurate and it's faster!!! I'm not sure why but at first it took a verrrrrrrrrrrry long time ... GIVE this a ShoT !!

I tried this app (several versions) and finally un-installed it due to it force closing when exiting the app AND noticeable battery drain at least on my setup. :(

BigBison420

Feb 19, 2012
jacksonville
www.facebook.com
I tried this app (several versions) and finally un-installed it due to it force closing when exiting the app AND noticeable battery drain at least on my setup. :(

the app was just updated to version G which fixed a ton of issues i was also experiencing with it. Not sure what the latest version you had was... but google voice types out the messages accurately and fast for me at least... im lovin it!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think I found a solution for voice recognition google offline:
    -in your phone find your language in /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/app_g3_models/
    -Place it in /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/app_g3_models/ on your gear
    -Change permissions of all files to -rw-rw-rw-
    -look the owner and group of folder app_g3_models mine is u0_a65
    -put the same off all files in your language folder(the file fr-FR or as your)
    -restart your gear

sorry I'm french I hope they have not committed too many fault
    step by step...

So i was able to get this working on Null_21...

For those of you who might be wondering what this hack does, it allows you do things like Google Voice typing or Google Voice Search without having to be connected to the internet via bluetooth tethering or foxfi from your phone. Or in other words you don't have to be sharing the internet connection from your phone to your galaxy gear watch in order to use Google's voice typing.

Steps to get this working:

1. In your phone go to this directory, you will need a file manager i would recommend root explorer. Go to this directory -> /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/app_g3_models/

2. Make a compressed file of that directory. i would recommend using .tar.gz format which root explorer offers in order to keep the file permissions of all the files in the directory /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/app_g3_models/ the same.

3. Now that you have a file which should be named something similar to enUS.tar.gz you need to send it over to your watch. If you are on at least Null_21 a very easy way to do this is through bluetooth file transfer. If you are on an earlier version of the Null ROM you can do this by sending the file to your watch's /sdcard directory using the great app -> "wondershare" or you can do it with adb push -> adb push C:\enUS.tar.gz /sdcard/enUS.tar.gz if you are on Windows or adb push /home/user/enUS.tar.gz /sdcard/enUS.tar.gz if you are using Linux.

You can send the compressed tar file to your watch via bluetooth file transfer by opening root explorer on your phone select the tar file and long press it. In root explorer you will see an option that sends send. Select send -> bluetooth -> select your galaxy gear which should be already connected via bluetooth and then you should get a notification on your gear watch that your phone wants to send a file, hit accept on your watch.

4. Now that you have that file on your watch you need to move it the same directory that you found it on your phone. Move the compressed enUS.tar.gz file to /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/app_g3_models/ on your galaxy gear.

When you move the compressed tar file to your watch in the directory /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/app_g3_models/ you will notice that you already have an enUS folder there (if you are in the United States).

rename that folder to enUS1 or something like enUS-backup

5. Next you need to decompress your enUS.tar.gz file which you can do in root explorer by long pressing the file and hitting decompress. After you decompress the file you will see a new folder created named --> enUS.tar

click on the fold en.US.tar and when you go into that directory you will see a new folder named --> "enUS".

6. Next you need to move that file over to /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/app_g3_models/. You can move the folder over by long pressing the folder and selecting move. Hit the back button till you reach the directory --> /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/app_g3_models/ and hit the move button to confirm the moving of the directory to the new location.

7. After that you are all done, just restart your watch.

You can test it by hitting the voice icon in your google search bar and it will highlight and allow you talk a command in, but that still won't work without an internet connection. For me the convenience is when i am in Tablet Talk, if i get tired of typing a text message i can use the google voice typing option and i don't have to be connected to the internet to use it!

Try it out...it is a very cool little hack i really liked it.

Well i hope this has been helpful...i tried to be as detailed as possible.

-droidshadow
    Any chance of sharing your en-US folder. My phone is not rooted so cant get to my files:(

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

I am uploading for you now so it should be available in just a while:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33540933/en-US.zip
    enUS folder uploaded now!

Hello everyone...

So i was just thinking that people outside of the United States might have trouble trying to implement this small hack to their galaxy gear smart watch and they may need the enUS folder since they probably won't have it on their phone.

So i decided to compress the enUS folder into a .tar.gz file and upload it. I kept it in a .tar.gz file that way when you decompress the file with the app -> "root explorer" you won't have adjust any permissions, the permissions are already set. All you have to do is decompress the file -> enUS.tar.gz file and move it to correct location. The exact steps are mentioned in my post above.

Here is a link to the file -> http://www.filedropper.com/en-ustar

Just in case anyone was wondering what the correct file permissions need to be for the enUS folder here is the permission settings i was using.

owner -> read write and execute

group -> read and execute

others -> read and execute

Now as i mentioned above you do not have to adjust the folder's permissions if you use the .tar.gz file method i mentioned in the above post. When you decompress the enUS.tar.gz file it will keep the correct permissions for you and it will work as soon as you reboot your smart watch. I only posted the permissions above just in case someone decided to not use the .tar.gz method and decided to go another way and was wondering about what the correct permissions were for the folder enUS.

Well i hope this has been helpful...

-droidshadow
    does it really speed up search results?