[Q] Cyanogenmod11...

OP saantomoh

23rd April 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
More
Forgive me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that Cyanogenmod 11 could only be flashed on the Developers Edition because of the Kitkat Kernal and me the unfortunate that was chomping at the bit to get the Note 3 completely forgot about The DE...sigh...bought the retail version instead !!! Curse double curse! But now that I'm on Kitkat (THANKS BEANS!!) is it safe to flash CM11 in Safestrap? (THANKS HASHCODE!!)
23rd April 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #2  
Columbus, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 455

1,815 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saantomoh

Forgive me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that Cyanogenmod 11 could only be flashed on the Developers Edition because of the Kitkat Kernal and me the unfortunate that was chomping at the bit to get the Note 3 completely forgot about The DE...sigh...bought the retail version instead !!! Curse double curse! But now that I'm on Kitkat (THANKS BEANS!!) is it safe to flash CM11 in Safestrap? (THANKS HASHCODE!!)

No. You can only flash ROMs based on Touchwiz kernel. Sorry about that. You could return your retail device and purchase a second hand DE.
The Following User Says Thank You to cam30era For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era

No. You can only flash ROMs based on Touchwiz kernel. Sorry about that. You could return your retail device and purchase a second hand DE.

Thanks for the fast response. I bought it outright which would probably help me in the long run...but I'm going to wait a bit and see if we get a bootloader unlock! Hopefully our brilliant Dev's will hit the Jackpot soon! Thanks.
24th April 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #4  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 226

1,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
I read on the kit kat rom thread that getting aosp is possible now but with a lot of work, a lot.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Note 3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread