Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,599 Members 43,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgrade to 4.4 on Verizon MDK?

Tip us?

pyro6128
Old
(Last edited by pyro6128; 24th April 2014 at 12:41 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Default [Q] Upgrade to 4.4 on Verizon MDK?

Looking for some guidance here. I rooted and Loki'ed my gf's VZ S4 with MDK build months ago when I also had an S4, I've since moved to a Moto X and it seems there's been a lot of changes with the builds around here. She wants here phone upgraded to Kit Kat now, and I'm having a really hard time finding how to do it. I've been searching around the forums and googling it, but I can't seem to find a way to take her to stock rooted 4.4.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I apologize if the answer is obvious or has been brought up multiple times (I know how annoying that gets), but its not coming up in my searches. Any guidance would be extremely appreciated. I would be doing it on a Mac preferably, but I can get my hands on Windows if need be, so its not an issue.

Edit: Wow, I guess my brain isn't working right. Now I see 4.4 isn't out for the VZ S4 yet. Guess I'll continue my search until its released.

klabit87
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro6128 View Post
Looking for some guidance here. I rooted and Loki'ed my gf's VZ S4 with MDK build months ago when I also had an S4, I've since moved to a Moto X and it seems there's been a lot of changes with the builds around here. She wants here phone upgraded to Kit Kat now, and I'm having a really hard time finding how to do it. I've been searching around the forums and googling it, but I can't seem to find a way to take her to stock rooted 4.4.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I apologize if the answer is obvious or has been brought up multiple times (I know how annoying that gets), but its not coming up in my searches. Any guidance would be extremely appreciated. I would be doing it on a Mac preferably, but I can get my hands on Windows if need be, so its not an issue.

Edit: Wow, I guess my brain isn't working right. Now I see 4.4 isn't out for the VZ S4 yet. Guess I'll continue my search until its released.
The official is rumored to be released by the end of this month/beginning of next month but here is a stock deodexed rooted rom of the kk leak that just came out. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2721118
and is specifically for those with mdk bootloaders.
If I have helped please hit the thanks button!
------------------------------------------------------
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: [ROM] Eclipse S4 TW - v4.0.2 (6/25/14) - Real AOSP styling!! KitKat has arrived!!!
Recovery: [RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.71/v3.72 [2014-04-02 KK Beta]
Bootloader: MJ7
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klabit87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]