data tracking?

OP reinaldistic

23rd April 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 178

958 posts
Donate to Me
so on verizon i used to have a widget that helped me tracked used data, is there such a thing on sprint?
24th April 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldistic

so on verizon i used to have a widget that helped me tracked used data, is there such a thing on sprint?

A quick Google search found this for me. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.datacounter

You can always view data use through "Settings -> More... -> Data usage" as well, of course, though that's obviously less convenient.
24th April 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 178

958 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbot

A quick Google search found this for me. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.datacounter

You can always view data use through "Settings -> More... -> Data usage" as well, of course, though that's obviously less convenient.

I know about that kind of program, I'm talking about something that actually interfaces with Sprint and tells me the numbers Sprint sees... That's what the Verizon app did and it was a godsend coz I change Roma like candy and they don't share with one another how much data they've used

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app
24th April 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 17

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldistic

I know about that kind of program, I'm talking about something that actually interfaces with Sprint and tells me the numbers Sprint sees... That's what the Verizon app did and it was a godsend coz I change Roma like candy and they don't share with one another how much data they've used

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

Oh ok, I get it. In that case, I don't think so. You can use Sprint Zone to check data usage, but it's slow and painful and they break it up into 3G and 4G data usage for unknown reasons, without giving you a grand total, so you have to do math... weird!

EDIT: It's actually much faster to just send a text message to 1311 with the single word "usage" and get an instant reply showing minutes and data used, though it still breaks out 3G and 4G without a total... Which seems pretty stupid, because why should I care how much of my data was 3G or 4G (other than to remind me how little 4G access I actually get even though I'm always in areas that are allegedly 4G according to Sprint's coverage maps)? :P
Last edited by bimmerbot; 24th April 2014 at 01:42 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread