knock-on trouble

Search This thread

Robisgnarly

Dec 20, 2011
Midland
anyone else having issues with knock on not working? knock off works perfect everytime, but knock on is not working at all.i am now stock zvc unrooted after .toting to test if i maybe deleted something i shouldn't have, however after .toting it is still not functioning?

Reactions: sclarktay4
anyone else having issues with knock on not working? knock off works perfect everytime, but knock on is not working at all.i am now stock zvc unrooted after .toting to test if i maybe deleted something i shouldn't have, however after .toting it is still not functioning?

Just noticed that yesterday. I have stock zvc rooted. It did work shortly after i ran .tot. I just dont know why or when it stopped working. Knock off works just fine.

calvin269

Jan 10, 2012
Johnson City
plus.google.com
No Knock on

I am Optimus DE 2.2 ZVA radio, been on it since feb and has no issues. But Sunday, no more knock on. Knock off works great. I tried to re flash rom, tried a factory wipe and re calibrate screen. If, no one has a better idea I may just tot back to factory. Thank you in advance for any help.

Apparently toggling it on and off, and recalibrating the screen in settings fixes the issue for many.

Toggle on and off and calibrating did not resolve. What i did notice is that is will work eventually if you just keep tapping and timing yourself. I have tried lots of suggestions from other sources and nothing has worked consistently for me. The frustrating part is that it was working flawlessly not too long ago. I have not installed any new apps but some apps have updated. After about 50 tries, knockon did work but out of about 120 tries, i have only successfully got the phone to turn on twice by using knockon. Has anyone else had better luck?

Reactions: s0calstate0fmind

esoh

Jul 25, 2011
Toggle on and off and calibrating did not resolve. What i did notice is that is will work eventually if you just keep tapping and timing yourself. I have tried lots of suggestions from other sources and nothing has worked consistently for me. The frustrating part is that it was working flawlessly not too long ago. I have not installed any new apps but some apps have updated. After about 50 tries, knockon did work but out of about 120 tries, i have only successfully got the phone to turn on twice by using knockon. Has anyone else had better luck?

I'm on ZVA rooted and I lost knock on a couple of weeks ago. I tried the usual culprits, turning on and off, calibrating, fix permissions, etc. It's still not back on. I'm not expert on these things, but could it be an app issue? Knock off works fine. I'm in the process of thinking about tot'ing to ZVC, but have to find 1/2 day to do it. Maybe when I do, I will load apps in sequence and reboot to see if an app could cause this problem. Again, I'm doubtful, but who knows.

Robisgnarly

Dec 20, 2011
Midland
I'm on ZVA rooted and I lost knock on a couple of weeks ago. I tried the usual culprits, turning on and off, calibrating, fix permissions, etc. It's still not back on. I'm not expert on these things, but could it be an app issue? Knock off works fine. I'm in the process of thinking about tot'ing to ZVC, but have to find 1/2 day to do it. Maybe when I do, I will load apps in sequence and reboot to see if an app could cause this problem. Again, I'm doubtful, but who knows.

have tried all this, and it will start to work again like mine has however it is hit or miss the problem is not consistent.

darkpoe

Nov 5, 2008
Its a hardware defect, go to developer options, turn on show screen touch data and find the dead area

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

My brothers didit and im about to get another replacement for the issue

Its a hardware defect, go to developer options, turn on show screen touch data and find the dead area

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

My brothers didit and im about to get another replacement for the issue

Did that. No dead area. I have been testing this for days now and for some reason knock on only works intermittently for me. Might be calling sprint soon if i cant figure this out

Edit:
Must be an app because my wife has g2 rooted by the same process mine is. Her knock on and knock off work perfectly. She does not install many apps, that is the only difference between our devices.
Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to .tot back to pure stock to see if knock features work then?

Edit:
Can confirm, .tot back to stock zvc does not fix knock on. At least for me it did not. No apps installed and enabled knock features. Knock off still works perfect.

Last edited:

Tried that. I .tot back to zvc today and i still do not have knock on, only knock off

coolblood2

Apr 1, 2013
I am having the exact same issue and have tried the exact same solutions to no avail..... Seems to be I guess a hardware issue. So now my ? is what will sprint do if I return the g2 rooted? It's just stock rooted with no recoveries or nothing special. Can I just Remove Greenify, G2Xposed, and Titanium Backup and give it to them to exchange? Can they really not except it? I love this feature and it annoys me to no end that it doesn't work but maybe 20% of the time.

I am having the exact same issue and have tried the exact same solutions to no avail..... Seems to be I guess a hardware issue. So now my ? is what will sprint do if I return the g2 rooted? It's just stock rooted with no recoveries or nothing special. Can I just Remove Greenify, G2Xposed, and Titanium Backup and give it to them to exchange? Can they really not except it? I love this feature and it annoys me to no end that it doesn't work but maybe 20% of the time.

.tot back to zvc and return phone. Thats my plan and it unroots phone so no worries.

Anthony_xdl

May 25, 2011
San Diego, CA
I posted in several different areas of the forum and no success. Flashed back to stock with ODIN and still had no success so I just took it to the Sprint store and they're ordering me a replacement ???????

bradreeves94

Sep 14, 2010
Oak Ridge
Having same issue with the knock on feature working, knock off works fine. I am also on OpTimuS DE 2.3ZVC. It worked, then suddenly stopped working. I even made a nandroid backup, then tried the Dorimanx kernel and the knock on & knock off worked perfectly. Myself i think it an issue with the Furnace kernel, hopefully Savoca will help us out.....

Demo3827

Jul 20, 2011
winchester
how to fix Knock on

First copy the apk to System/apps fix permission to rw- r- r-
Them reboot
Open dailer and put this. 5689#*980#
Them go to
hw device test/ Touch test/ touch firmware update.
Exit out and done knock on is working

Attachments

• HiddenMenu.apk
    2.9 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Reactions: k wizzle

filipelq

Jan 25, 2012
Go back to ZV7

Nothing worked for me and I could't get the option on the menu. I've just went back to ZV7, the menu appeared and Knock On is working again.

gonk24

Mar 7, 2011
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2467302

[VZW] HiddenMenu
Read the entire 7 page thread, and follow directions.
System app this should be with terminal instructions.
This did fix my knock on problem.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Them reboot
Them go to

This doesn't work for me. I've replaced the HiddenMenu.apk properly, changed permissions, and rebooted. Once into the menu either by terminal or dialer code, there is no HW Device Test option to choose. It's giving me the same hidden menu that Sprint already has. Again, yes, I replaced the apk properly.

Stock rooted ZVC

une8y4yg.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just noticed that yesterday. I have stock zvc rooted. It did work shortly after i ran .tot. I just dont know why or when it stopped working. Knock off works just fine.

Apparently toggling it on and off, and recalibrating the screen in settings fixes the issue for many.

how to fix Knock on

Them reboot
    Them go to