[Q] PLEASE Help!!!!

Search This thread

tennispro820

Mar 18, 2014
I am currently running CyanogenMod 11 (M3) for t-mobile. I really need help fixing my camera. I was having problems with my camera earlier but now it is constantly force closing. Just recently the camera updated to Google camera and I was hoping the force would not occur anymore, but now it's even worse. If any ideas how to fix PLEASE tell me because I have many needs for the camera. This how the problem occurs: I try to take a picture and it will take it then it will freeze and I have to kill the app. Then I try to restart the app but I get an "Camera error: cannot connect to the camera." The problem was really bad after I flashed the ROM so I deleted that camera and flashed a "better" one. I try to use the other features of this updated Google camera but none of them work such as: lens blur, panorama or photo sphere . I would really love having these features working or even taking regular pictures without any force closes. I have to use the camera everyday so please help as soon as possible. Please anyone help me solve this problem!!!! (Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999)

Thanks for the help in advance!! 

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
First thing I'd do is make a nandroid backup, then factory reset. If it fixes it then some data you had was causing the issue.

Next thing to try is copy the cameradata folder from a stock rom to yours. Reboot and test.

If that doesnt help i would then Odin flash stock/root66 firmware and factory reset. Then test the camera. If its still not working it may be hardware. If it works, you can be certain its software/firmware related. No sense in more troubleshooting if you determine its hardware related.

If it works on stock but not after a clean rom flash, the rom is likely the problem. Search its thread for similar issues.

Good luck!

Reactions: tennispro820

tennispro820

Mar 18, 2014
First thing I'd do is make a nandroid backup, then factory reset. If it fixes it then some data you had was causing the issue.

Next thing to try is copy the cameradata folder from a stock rom to yours. Reboot and test.

If that doesnt help i would then Odin flash stock/root66 firmware and factory reset. Then test the camera. If its still not working it may be hardware. If it works, you can be certain its software/firmware related. No sense in more troubleshooting if you determine its hardware related.

If it works on stock but not after a clean rom flash, the rom is likely the problem. Search its thread for similar issues.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the reply I will try this! If the factory reset does not work do you where I would able to find the camera data folder for Stock S3 Rom?

tennispro820

Mar 18, 2014
Help?!

Unzip any stock based rom such as StockMod and its in the system folder.

The reset didn't work...I', trying to fix this camera https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera
This camera keeps freezing and then I have to end the task. After I end the task and try to go back to camera I get an "Camera error: Can't connect to camera." The lens blur and photo sphere and panorama are not working. Also, the camera is not taking the full screen when in rear facing camera but when I change to front facing the size becomes even smaller. Any idea how I can fix these problems? I am getting frustrated

Soe Min Thu

Nov 18, 2013
me too!!

The reset didn't work...I', trying to fix this camera https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera
This camera keeps freezing and then I have to end the task. After I end the task and try to go back to camera I get an "Camera error: Can't connect to camera." The lens blur and photo sphere and panorama are not working. Also, the camera is not taking the full screen when in rear facing camera but when I change to front facing the size becomes even smaller. Any idea how I can fix these problems? I am getting frustrated

Me too! Facing all that errors and don't still know how to fix them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good luck!