Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Make it LOUDER Rogers GS4

Tip us?

AJGUY123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Audio Make it LOUDER Rogers GS4

I have been searching like crazy to find a volume booster. I have been through rooting my phone, installing cyenogenmod, attepting wicked ROM, attempting Gummy ROM. Soft bricking my phone, flashing back to stock and have it rooted again. Just looking to boost the volume on my SGH-I337M.

Here is why it is important to me. Its great and all that Samsung wants to protect my hearing, however, I use my headphone jack as an aux out to play music for high energy fitness classes!! Some stereos at gyms that I go to are tuned down lower, and even at max my phone doesn't make it all loud enough for a good class! I even bought a separate walkman MP3 player, but it ended up going through the wash. Someone help!

THANKS!!

dssking
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Try different kernels, rather than stock. Some have volume boosters - Ktoonz, and Adam are two that come to mind.

Consequently, I'm looking for the opposite - Increase vibration.....can't find anything that will do.....Ktoonz is wound up to 125 and
it still doesn't do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGUY123 View Post
I have been searching like crazy to find a volume booster. I have been through rooting my phone, installing cyenogenmod, attepting wicked ROM, attempting Gummy ROM. Soft bricking my phone, flashing back to stock and have it rooted again. Just looking to boost the volume on my SGH-I337M.

Here is why it is important to me. Its great and all that Samsung wants to protect my hearing, however, I use my headphone jack as an aux out to play music for high energy fitness classes!! Some stereos at gyms that I go to are tuned down lower, and even at max my phone doesn't make it all loud enough for a good class! I even bought a separate walkman MP3 player, but it ended up going through the wash. Someone help!

THANKS!!

kylecore
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Check in to this, helps increase sound quality and loudness.Viper4Android
You'll need root and you'll need to install the driver upon opening the app then make your wanted sound changes.

dssking
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Anything like this for a vibration mod? Make it stronger?

TheCrazyDirectioner
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGUY123 View Post

THANKS!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylecore View Post
Check in to this, helps increase sound quality and loudness.Viper4Android
You'll need root and you'll need to install the driver upon opening the app then make your wanted sound changes.
This. If you just want louder music, install Viper4Android, press menu in viper settings, select UI setting, change to Expert, then go all the way down to the bottom and change gain to 6Db
Galaxy S4 I337M Blue - Stock 4.4.2, AWS modded
Nexus 5 16GB White - CM11 Snapshot M8
Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL - Stock rooted 4.0.4

AJGUY123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Update. Hell yeah!!! Viper works amazing. I finally improved the one and only thing that pisses me off about Samsung phones! There were some things to work through, but this will improve my classes for sure! Get the studio bumpin! Thanks again guys