Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[q] gps icon removal

OP DruoGaby

23rd April 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
571 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Anybody has a zip or a way to remove this icon...i would like it gone..thanks!
24th April 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruoGaby

Anybody has a zip or a way to remove this icon...i would like it gone..thanks!

Are you unlocked, rooted and S-off? Can't do much if you're completely stock. If you're rooted, you can use Xposed Framework, install GravityBox (KK), and hide the icon that way. Or you can use VenomTweaks (not sure if that only works on the Viper ROM or not).

EDIT: It seems GravityBox doesn't have the functionality it did before. Sense 6.0 Toolbox should work though (also for Xposed, but not available directly through the Xposed Downloader, from what I can tell). See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2705270
Last edited by bimmerbot; 24th April 2014 at 06:51 PM.
24th April 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
571 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbot

Are you unlocked, rooted and S-off? Can't do much if you're completely stock. If you're rooted, you can use Xposed Framework, install GravityBox (KK), and hide the icon that way. Or you can use VenomTweaks (not sure if that only works on the Viper ROM or not).

yea im all off...lol everything unlocked sim card and all!!..and iight..thanks for the tip
24th April 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #4  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 8,059
 
8,436 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruoGaby

yea im all off...lol everything unlocked sim card and all!!..and iight..thanks for the tip

How did you unlock your sim card?
24th April 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
571 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

How did you unlock your sim card?

from sprint...all in one day..put in the request and they sent the unlock over via uicc
The Following User Says Thank You to DruoGaby For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 178
 
973 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruoGaby

Anybody has a zip or a way to remove this icon...i would like it gone..thanks!

get xposed and install the module "disable sprint system ui flag" it gets rid of the extra long signal icons as well (replaces them with smaller and hides the ones not in use)

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app
24th April 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
571 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldistic

get xposed and install the module "disable sprint system ui flag" it gets rid of the extra long signal icons as well (replaces them with smaller and hides the ones not in use)

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

thanks man..ill try it all

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes