Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 39,549 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] PLEASE Help!!!!

Tip us?

tennispro820
Old
(Last edited by tennispro820; 17th April 2014 at 04:43 AM.) Reason: Title edit
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] PLEASE Help!!!!

I am currently running CyanogenMod 11 (M3) for t-mobile. I really need help fixing my camera. I was having problems with my camera earlier but now it is constantly force closing. Just recently the camera updated to Google camera and I was hoping the force would not occur anymore, but now it's even worse. If any ideas how to fix PLEASE tell me because I have many needs for the camera. This how the problem occurs: I try to take a picture and it will take it then it will freeze and I have to kill the app. Then I try to restart the app but I get an "Camera error: cannot connect to the camera." The problem was really bad after I flashed the ROM so I deleted that camera and flashed a "better" one. I try to use the other features of this updated Google camera but none of them work such as: lens blur, panorama or photo sphere . I would really love having these features working or even taking regular pictures without any force closes. I have to use the camera everyday so please help as soon as possible. Please anyone help me solve this problem!!!! (Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999)

Thanks for the help in advance!! 

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5167

DONATE TO ME
First thing I'd do is make a nandroid backup, then factory reset. If it fixes it then some data you had was causing the issue.

Next thing to try is copy the cameradata folder from a stock rom to yours. Reboot and test.

If that doesnt help i would then Odin flash stock/root66 firmware and factory reset. Then test the camera. If its still not working it may be hardware. If it works, you can be certain its software/firmware related. No sense in more troubleshooting if you determine its hardware related.

If it works on stock but not after a clean rom flash, the rom is likely the problem. Search its thread for similar issues.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tennispro820
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
First thing I'd do is make a nandroid backup, then factory reset. If it fixes it then some data you had was causing the issue.

Next thing to try is copy the cameradata folder from a stock rom to yours. Reboot and test.

If that doesnt help i would then Odin flash stock/root66 firmware and factory reset. Then test the camera. If its still not working it may be hardware. If it works, you can be certain its software/firmware related. No sense in more troubleshooting if you determine its hardware related.

If it works on stock but not after a clean rom flash, the rom is likely the problem. Search its thread for similar issues.

Good luck!
Thank you so much for the reply I will try this! If the factory reset does not work do you where I would able to find the camera data folder for Stock S3 Rom?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5167

DONATE TO ME
Unzip any stock based rom such as StockMod and its in the system folder.

tennispro820
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question Help?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Unzip any stock based rom such as StockMod and its in the system folder.
The reset didn't work...I', trying to fix this camera https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.GoogleCamera
This camera keeps freezing and then I have to end the task. After I end the task and try to go back to camera I get an "Camera error: Can't connect to camera." The lens blur and photo sphere and panorama are not working. Also, the camera is not taking the full screen when in rear facing camera but when I change to front facing the size becomes even smaller. Any idea how I can fix these problems? I am getting frustrated

Soe Min Thu
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default me too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennispro820 View Post
The reset didn't work...I', trying to fix this camera https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.GoogleCamera
This camera keeps freezing and then I have to end the task. After I end the task and try to go back to camera I get an "Camera error: Can't connect to camera." The lens blur and photo sphere and panorama are not working. Also, the camera is not taking the full screen when in rear facing camera but when I change to front facing the size becomes even smaller. Any idea how I can fix these problems? I am getting frustrated
Me too! Facing all that errors and don't still know how to fix them.

tennispro820
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soe Min Thu View Post
Me too! Facing all that errors and don't still know how to fix them.
I figured it out...it was a ROM problem. I flashed liquid smooth 4.4.2 and it worked perfectly.

Soe Min Thu
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennispro820 View Post
I figured it out...it was a ROM problem. I flashed liquid smooth 4.4.2 and it worked perfectly.
Ok, then, that issue would be fixed if I flash the latest nightly CM 11 Rom??

tennispro820
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soe Min Thu View Post
Ok, then, that issue would be fixed if I flash the latest nightly CM 11 Rom??
It is a possibility, you can try and see. I flashed a completely different ROM.