Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] why did I flash a verizon rom.....

OP djamesuofm

23rd April 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So basically my friend soft bricked her AT&T SGH-I747..didn't power on, but could still get into download mode. So I was able to flash a ROM through Odin on it. Sadly, being the idiot I am, I was unaware that her provider was AT&T. So I just found the first stock ROM I found and flashed it. Came to realize it was a Verizon ROM. So i figured I could just find an AT&T stock ROM, and repeat the same process as before to fix it. This has not been the case at all...

My issue is that when I run Odin I keep getting stuck at one part....
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I'm running Odin v3.07. The only boxes checked are Auto Reboot, F Reset Time, and PDA.
I've also tried flashing a PIT file by itself, and with the PDA, and still receive the same results.
Flashing to Verizon did allow me to boot up the phone completely, but I'm unable to do anything on the phone without a proper SIM card to activate it, which I for some reason need...unless I'm just an idiot.
I have no clue at all what firmware was previously running on the phone.
I actually don't know any info about the phone at all software wise, since I can't seem to access any information on the phone.
Someone please help me solve this issue.
23rd April 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 62

390 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djamesuofm

So basically my friend soft bricked her AT&T SGH-I747..didn't power on, but could still get into download mode. So I was able to flash a ROM through Odin on it. Sadly, being the idiot I am, I was unaware that her provider was AT&T. So I just found the first stock ROM I found and flashed it. Came to realize it was a Verizon ROM. So i figured I could just find an AT&T stock ROM, and repeat the same process as before to fix it. This has not been the case at all...

I'm running Odin v3.07. The only boxes checked are Auto Reboot, F Reset Time, and PDA.
I've also tried flashing a PIT file by itself, and with the PDA, and still receive the same results.
Flashing to Verizon did allow me to boot up the phone completely, but I'm unable to do anything on the phone without a proper SIM card to activate it, which I for some reason need...unless I'm just an idiot.
I actually don't know any info about the phone at all software wise, since I can't seem to access any information on the phone.

when you were using odin to flash, are you in Download Mode?
24th April 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #3  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 75

363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djamesuofm

You said you were able to boot to system with the VZW firmware? Can you check what you have under your settings especially the Android version and baseband version? You would probably need to reflash AT&T firmware but we would need to know what bootloader version to have to be sure you are able to flash a workable version. I would also suggest you install custom recovery (suggest TWRP) via Odin if you don't have this already. This would enable you remove existing firmware prior to a fresh installation.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread