No registration required

[Q] Recovery Boot Problem

OP jayyboi2010

13th April 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I have a Motorola Atrix HD MB886. Its GSM unlocked, rooted and has an unlocked bootloader. I want to install a custom recovery and a custom rom, but I cannot get my device to boot into recovery. (Power button + Volume Up) just sends me to a black screen with the android robot and a red triangle with an exclamation point in it. (Power button + Volume Down) does nothing. Is there something I am doing wrong? Can someone help me.

(Also: I have no idea how to enter or use Fastboot mode. Could you explain this to me or link me to a place to read up on the subject?)
Last edited by jayyboi2010; 13th April 2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: adding information
23rd April 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Unhappy
i got the same problem..!!!! did you find a solution??
24th April 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Themer
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 992

1,066 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayyboi2010

I have a Motorola Atrix HD MB886. Its GSM unlocked, rooted and has an unlocked bootloader. I want to install a custom recovery and a custom rom, but I cannot get my device to boot into recovery. (Power button + Volume Up) just sends me to a black screen with the android robot and a red triangle with an exclamation point in it. (Power button + Volume Down) does nothing. Is there something I am doing wrong? Can someone help me.

(Also: I have no idea how to enter or use Fastboot mode. Could you explain this to me or link me to a place to read up on the subject?)

1. You're rooted so go to /system/etc and rename "install-recovery.sh" to "install-recovery.sh.bak"
2. Use Myth Tools to flash recovery (CWM or PhizTouch is included in the tool)
3. Check and Test
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread