Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 54,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recovery Boot Problem

Tip us?

jayyboi2010
Old
(Last edited by jayyboi2010; 13th April 2014 at 05:26 PM.) Reason: adding information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Recovery Boot Problem

I have a Motorola Atrix HD MB886. Its GSM unlocked, rooted and has an unlocked bootloader. I want to install a custom recovery and a custom rom, but I cannot get my device to boot into recovery. (Power button + Volume Up) just sends me to a black screen with the android robot and a red triangle with an exclamation point in it. (Power button + Volume Down) does nothing. Is there something I am doing wrong? Can someone help me.

(Also: I have no idea how to enter or use Fastboot mode. Could you explain this to me or link me to a place to read up on the subject?)

sliker90
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i got the same problem..!!!! did you find a solution??

devilsking
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 987

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayyboi2010 View Post
I have a Motorola Atrix HD MB886. Its GSM unlocked, rooted and has an unlocked bootloader. I want to install a custom recovery and a custom rom, but I cannot get my device to boot into recovery. (Power button + Volume Up) just sends me to a black screen with the android robot and a red triangle with an exclamation point in it. (Power button + Volume Down) does nothing. Is there something I am doing wrong? Can someone help me.

(Also: I have no idea how to enter or use Fastboot mode. Could you explain this to me or link me to a place to read up on the subject?)
1. You're rooted so go to /system/etc and rename "install-recovery.sh" to "install-recovery.sh.bak"
2. Use Myth Tools to flash recovery (CWM or PhizTouch is included in the tool)
3. Check and Test
♬ Developer/Themer @ The Myth Team ♬

www.TheMythTeam.com

Supported Devices: Galaxy Ace, Galaxy GIO, Galaxy SII, Nexus 7, Atrix HD