XT905 - flashing recovery overwrites system

23rd April 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
Hey guys,

I have an stock, unlocked and rooted xt905 lying here with stock recovery right now.
For several times now I tried to flash either cwm or twrp but had no luck.

Thats what I did:

- complete backup
- unlock bootloader
- restore backup
- fastboot flash boot twrp.img
- fastboot reboot

Flashing twrp doesnt throw up any error but as soon as I say reboot, the phone reboots into twrp instead of booting the system.
If I try to reboot to system within twrp, it reboots to twrp again. Booting to recovery from twrp brings me to stock recovery.
Its the same thing with cwm and I dont have any clue why, as other users are saying that twrp is working fine.

Till now I tried several different versions of fastboot, twrp and cwm and none of them worked.

Any ideas?
24th April 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 432

1,184 posts
More
You're using the wrong fastboot command.

By typing "fastboot flash boot twrp.img" you are flashing TWRP in place of the boot.img. You need to type "fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img."
24th April 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong

You're using the wrong fastboot command.

By typing "fastboot flash boot twrp.img" you are flashing TWRP in place of the boot.img. You need to type "fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img."

OMG....

I am working on this phone since yesterday and couldnt figure it out....till now.
Embarrassing! I flashed about a dozen phones before and never had any problems whatsoever and now this.....

Thanks anyway! I am glad that I didnt brick the phone with flashing the wrong partition.
The Following User Says Thank You to razor411 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread