[ROM][4.4.2] SlimKat [Build 4.4][D800/D801/D802/D803/LS980/VS980][OFFICIAL]

Tip us?

merhans
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldomar View Post
Hello everybody,

I use this rom but on a Nexus 4 and I'm interested to change for a LG G2.
In order to evaliuate the technological gap between them, could someone make benchmarks please (minimum AnTuTu, Quadrant and epic citadel would be great!) and post them here?

Thank you in advance!
Forgot about benchmark, I had the nexus 4 and the g2 is much better.

send from my nexus defy green lense by quarx and epsylon3

HueyT
Old
Thanks Meter 121
I came from VS98024A and I missed SlimKat so much that I flashed 12B radio and then SlimKat v4.6. Everything working great and smooth. Good job SlimKat devs. Its nice to have AOSP and everything works (Pandora, Netflix, Google Music, etc.). The smaller dpi is nice too allowing more icons on the screen. KitKat base may be all the rave right now, but JB base is not bad either. It certainly gives me a lot more AOSP roms to play with currently

david black
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Happy to report dirty-flashing worked fine on my LS980 (Sprint). All I had to do was wipe the cache for Play Services and the Framework. I also had to update Play Services on the market. Everything is working just fine now.

Thanks for these awesome builds!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current
Samsung Nexus 10 - CM 11 + Gapps
LG LS980 (G2) - SlimKat + Slim gapps
HTC Evo LTE - Sense 5 / 4.3

Rarely Used
HP Touchpad - WebOS + Android
Evo 4G - Shattered Digitizer
iPod Touch - Stock iOS 5.0

pcguy112887
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyT View Post
I came from VS98024A and I missed SlimKat so much that I flashed 12B radio and then SlimKat v4.6. Everything working great and smooth. Good job SlimKat devs. Its nice to have AOSP and everything works (Pandora, Netflix, Google Music, etc.). The smaller dpi is nice too allowing more icons on the screen. KitKat base may be all the rave right now, but JB base is not bad either. It certainly gives me a lot more AOSP roms to play with currently
Nice to see another VS980 user. Tell me, on your 4.6 build, can you send an MMS? Just a simple picture MMS, using the built in Messaging application. Mine forever and ever tries to send (which it never does).

However if I create a slideshow and send, then it seems to work. But a basic picture MMS will not... along with using Bluetooth much, or other things. Same bugs exist from 4.0 "stable" in 4.6. Still get the random "oh my screen won't wake up... lets wait and it will reboot on it's own or we force it off".

http://forum.slimroms.net/topic/1787...n-bug-reports/

Since there is no mention of any of this in 4.4 or 4.6 changelogs, I would have to think the bug reports from 4.0 are still usable.

HueyT
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguy112887 View Post
Nice to see another VS980 user. Tell me, on your 4.6 build, can you send an MMS? Just a simple picture MMS, using the built in Messaging application. Mine forever and ever tries to send (which it never does).

However if I create a slideshow and send, then it seems to work. But a basic picture MMS will not... along with using Bluetooth much, or other things. Same bugs exist from 4.0 "stable" in 4.6. Still get the random "oh my screen won't wake up... lets wait and it will reboot on it's own or we force it off".

http://forum.slimroms.net/topic/1787...n-bug-reports/

Since there is no mention of any of this in 4.4 or 4.6 changelogs, I would have to think the bug reports from 4.0 are still usable.
Yes, MMS photo is spotty (works intermittently) but I can get group messaging consistently which uses MMS also.

I can go back to 24A by flashing 24A baseband/radio and then 24A Roms like Malladus 2.0.2. This is because I started with 24A base/partitions

h9s
Old
(Last edited by h9s; Yesterday at 05:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
I just get back from the near dead experience, as i post before after flashing the ROM with TWRP and ke phone keep reboot on the fastboot screen. and after several attempt to get back to TWRP and i did, flash all the stuff using sideload and yes it's alive again.

i like the running text on the reminder feature,

Tx Dev.